cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving, Upgrading & Leaving

dazholmes

Moving, Upgrading & Leaving

Hi,
I am currently on your standard broadband & no phone, approx 75% through the 12mth contract. I am moving home in around 4/5 weeks, the telephone line is staying in the current property I need a new line in the new house. I have the following questions:
1. Approximatley how long does it take to move my broadband service to the new address?
2. I understand there may be a £65 charge for moving address, if I upgrade to fibre at this point on a new contract is that fee waved? (Fibre is available)
3. If I get a fibre & phone line deal from you, should I leave at the end of my contract, do i keep the same line/telephone number and just move providers or does my phone line end at that point?  Will another provider be able to take over your phone line, e.g. if I move to Sky for example?
4. If i get my phone line installed by BT instead, are you able to take over that line straight away or will I have to wait 12mth for example before BT would release it?
Thanks
Darren
4 REPLIES 4
DanHodby
Grafter

Re: Moving, Upgrading & Leaving

Hi Darren,
Its a good idea to give our house moves team a call as we have various options when it comes to contracts and moving house.
1. It depends. If there is a phone line in the property which is currently in use we can take over this line and activate your broadband simultaneously in 14 days. However, I would recommend giving us a call (0800 432 0200) so we can check the specifics because if there isn't a phone line there we would need to install one which can take much longer.
2. If you sign up for a new contract we would waive the normal house move fee, that's correct.
3. If you move to another provider at the end of your contract  they will be able to take over the line and port the number across.
4. Hmm..I'm not sure what you mean by this. If you sign into a service with BT to install your line you would have to break your contract with them to then transfer to us. It wouldn't be any quicker for BT to install a line than it would be for us to install a line.
I hope this helps.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: dazholmes
the telephone line is staying in the current property I need a new line in the new house

When you talk to Plusnet make sure you draw the correct distinction between the telephone line and the telephone number.  When you say you need a new line do you mean that you need a new number for the existing telephone connection in the new house or that there isn't a telephone connection? 
dazholmes

Thanks both. All sorted hopefully.
I did reply to a ticket last Wednesday though and have not had a reply, can someone look at it please
Thanks
Darren
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Darren,
I've had my colleague that you spoke to on the 13th update the ticket with the information confirming the details you asked about. Hope that clears that up for you.