cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Premises but keeping the net at current address too

Ryang575

Moving Premises but keeping the net at current address too

Hi
Basically I have the broadband fibre at my old address. The account is still in my name but I just don't live there anymore. I moved but my cousin is still there and the account remains in my name etc. No issues there it is worked out with family for billing.
I am myself however going to be moving on March 21st to a new property. It is a new build so I cannot expect fibre etc just yet which is fine, no one can provide it yet, but I was wondering what I can do to get a deal set up for my new premises for March and to see what offers you can provide me with. Potentially, the account as it stands now will either be renewed for the existing property and have a new property attached, or that deal when finished will be cancelled and you will lose potentially two connections.
I hope the above makes sense Smiley Look forward to hearing from you soon.
Regards
7 REPLIES 7
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Moving Premises but keeping the net at current address too

Hi Ryang575,
If you want to leave the current account for your cousin to use in your name then that's absolutely fine, however, you wouldn't be able to "attach a new property" to this account as you mentioned. For your new property you would have to create a new account and any offers that we have at the moment would apply to your new property/account. If you wanted to take phone and broadband out in the new property our current offers can be found here: http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/unlimited/
The offers that are currently shown on our page expire in 7 days so if you want to be eligible for any of these offers then you will need to sign up the new account for the new property before they expire. Even if the services aren't provided within this time, as long as the account is signed up before the offers expire then they'll still apply to the account.
Hope this clears things up for you and good luck with the move! Let us know if we can be of further assistance at all.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Not entirely sure about the meaning of your last paragraph but if you're happy to have both line sin your name the simplest option is to order a new connection for the new address and enter you existing account in the referrer section.
That way, your new line will be under the terms of whatever the current offer is and your old account will benefit from the referral discount.
Ryang575

First off thanks for the quick reply both of you Smiley Didn't expect it so fast.  Smiley  What is the referral discount available? Can that be applied to my new deal by anychance no?? I was hoping to have a 12 month deal as cheap as possible with unlimited broadband. No phone necessary and could potentially buy the line rental up front. The postcode is BT19 7JH or BT19 7JN, It hasn't been defined as yet, it will be by Friday.
What is the best deal available to me. Thanks again.
Ryang575

I seen the referrals page actually, don't worry about it. Its a couple of pence a month, not really worth anything if I am honest.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Have a look at our current offers here: http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/unlimited/
When you sign up the new account for the new property what pwatson meant was that you can mention your current account as the referral for your new account and if you take phone and broadband on the new account then your old account would benefit from the referral discount which can be seen here: http://www.plus.net/support/tools/referrals/referrals_discount_info.shtml
Ryang575

So if I am reading the below correct, even if I pay my line rental upfront, I still have to pay £9.99 a month aswell??With talk talk this is not the case. It works out at £2.50 a month & the upfront payment of line rental is cheaper, coming in at £126.00. 
Your order All prices include VATToday's payment
Unlimited Broadband (First month)£9.99Plusnet Protect powered by McAfee (First month) IncludedRouter P&P £5.99Line rental saver £131.88Plusnet Line Only (First Month) IncludedVoicemail (1571) (First month) IncludedToday's total£147.86Monthly payment
Unlimited Broadband£9.99Plusnet Protect powered by McAfee IncludedPlusnet Line Only IncludedVoicemail (1571) IncludedMonthly total£9.99Contract 12 months 
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yes, even if you paid line rental upfront you would still have to pay for broadband. If you took out an 18 month contract then your broadband cost would be eligible for the offer we currently have shown on our website, however, this offer is not available on a 12 month contract.
Hope this clears things up for you.