cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Phone Service + Account Name

Galaxy
Grafter

Moving Phone Service + Account Name

Currently my phone line is with BT and Broadband is with PlusNet.
The two paid separately is far too expensive, and costing about £20 a month more than it needs to.
I'm considering paying for the line rental via PlusNet for the 12 months in advance, however my PlusNet account which I've had since 2004 is in my name, and the phone line account with BT is in my fathers name from when it was his line etc. I've never attempted to change the account holder with BT as its far too complicated and results in everything being disconnected, but if I was to try and move the service over to PlusNet, would I hit any problems as the accont names would have a different first inital?
I dont want to get stuck with it all being treated as a cancellation
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Moving Phone Service + Account Name

Hi Galaxy,
You don't need to worry about the account holder names matching to transfer the line over so you should be able to do the transfer without a hitch, I can understand your concerns though.
If you do go ahead with the transfer give me a shout if you want and I'll make sure it's pushed through correctly.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Galaxy
Grafter

Re: Moving Phone Service + Account Name

Adam, thanks for this, if I go ahead I will send you a message on here.
I'll probably talk to the Customer options team tomorrow if I get time, im hoping that as a customer since 2004 on the £21.99 product I can perhaps squeeze the £11.49 product with a bit of extra allowance