Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving House - Fibre not available at new address

ViiiMyles
Hooked

Moving House - Fibre not available at new address

Hello,

I will be moving house in a few weeks time, I am halfway through my Unlimited Fibre contract with Plusnet.

I have checked at the new address, unfortunately Plusnet can only give me speeds of 3-7mbps which is pretty pathetic, I won't be able to do anything with this so I think i'll have to opt for a 4G wifi system or similar.

Is there any way of finding out when the infrastructure in the new area will be upgraded? I suppose I will have to pay cancellation fees to cancel my current contract early, or will this be waived as they will not be able to provide the service I am currently paying for at the new address?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Moving House - Fibre not available at new address

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@ViiiMyles 

You can use the Address version of the Checker to see what's actually available now. Enter the post code only and select the address from the drop down list.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome 

You can check OpenReach to see if there are any plans for the area.

https://www.openreach.com/

Brian

ViiiMyles
Hooked

Thanks for the link.

I've had a look and it doesn't look promising, appears to be a waiting list for VDSL, and only slow speeds are available, if I am making sense of the attached picture?Capture.JPG

bmc
Hero

@ViiiMyles 

There are only so many ports available in an FTTC cabinet so it looks like your one is full. The good news is if (or when) you get FTTC the download speed will be around 70.

The position may change when the time comes to actually initiate your move with PlusNet. If not you could take ADSL and then, once you're in, check daily to see if FTTC becomes available.

Can't help with your contract position - phone PlusNet and ask to speak to the House Moves team (I think they have a group for that).

Brian

ViiiMyles
Hooked

Thanks for your reply.

I think moving to ADSL will have to be the option for now.

I have contacted Openreach who have advised there are no plans to expand this particular cabinet unfortunately. You mention I would have to check myself daily for a cabinet position to open up? Is there not a physical "waiting list" I can add myself to, to save myself the stress and hassle of checking every day, then calling Plusnet (hopefully in time?) to obtain the slot?

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @ViiiMyles,

I'm sorry to see there's not currently an option for Fibre in the area you're moving to. I'm afraid that we don't have a waiting list you can join so I would recommend keeping an eye on how things develop in the area and using the site linked above to check back on availability from time to time. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
bmc
Hero

@ViiiMyles 

I was going to say I was uncertain if an actual "waiting list" existed but thankfully that's been answered for you.

As mentioned before the situation may have changed by the time you place your actual house move order. If not, then you just have to continually look at the Checker to see if FTTC is available.

If it shows, you should be able to place an order immediately by doing an on-line upgrade via your PlusNet Portal page.

Brian