Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Home and Cancelling

saorgage
Hooked

Moving Home and Cancelling

Hello,

Looking for advice, I am moving home soon and the place I am moving into is fully inclusive, i.e. has a broadband package that I don't control so I need to cancel Plusnet.  I have problems with my speech so I cant call which seems to be the only option, can anyone advise where else I can contact?

9 REPLIES 9
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Moving Home and Cancelling

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from ADSL Broadband to My Account/Billing.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @saorgage

Thanks a lot for reaching out. I can see that you've raised a complaint online so our Customer Advocates Team will soon be in touch about this.

It's important to understand that when you iniial;ly take out a contract, it's for us to provide a service at a particular address, for a given amount of time. If you leave that address within the minimum term, we provide options to move your services. If you don't want to, or any reason, then technically speaking, you're terminating your contract within the minimum term, so early termination fees will be applied.

If you're happy with that, you can cancel your account by filling in and posting our cancellation form which can be found here.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
saorgage
Hooked

I fully expected to pay a fee, what I did not expect was the lack of support for disabilities in the customer service provision, thus I will be making a formal complaint as frankly its not good enough in this day and age.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for your response.

There's already a formal complaint on the account which you've raised earlier today. As this has gone through to our Customer Advocates Team, a case handler will soon be assigned and will be in touch. If they're able to cancel the account any other way that's better for you, then great. Smiley

The process by to cancel though is either over the phone, or via letter - which I've sent you a link for.

We do offer support for customers with disabilities, and offer a Next Generation Text Relay system for those with speech / hearing impairments.

Further information on the support that we offer our customers can be found here.

Adam
saorgage
Hooked

As someone who works directly with the ombudsman in question, I can wholeheartedly advise you that the promotion of access to support for customers with disabilities is not sufficient - Clear, Obvious and Accessible is the requirement.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I have to disagree personally @saorgage as the information required is stated on our website under the Legal section. Again though, as I'm not part of our Customer Advocates Team, you'll be able to discuss this with your dedicated case handler once your complaint is picked up.

Adam
saorgage
Hooked

The legal section is not recognised as clear and accessible for obvious reasons due to certain types of disabilities I am somewhat surprised you referenced this, to be honest. This is all clearly outlined in pertaining available reference material.  But as you say I will make the complaint to the handler, not bothered by paying the fee it is justified, what I do want to see is fairness in practice.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

How we can support customers with disabilities is found through the accessibility link at the bottom of every plus.net page including our community one. 

38F12066-7DD1-4EB1-BC6E-6EB39966AEBC.jpeg

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
saorgage
Hooked

Thank you for the response, my account has been dealt with and closed with the fee waived.  I also gave some feedback on accessibility as I work directly in this sector and ombudsman.