cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Address / Switching Provider Advice...

BritishUser

Moving Address / Switching Provider Advice...

Hi

I am looking for some advice on a home move. My PN contract ends on 10/7/18, after which i will be on a rolling contract.

I wish to switch to a new provider at my new address(probably BT Broadband). I understand that If I cancel without switching first, I will be charged a £30 fee. So I would need to switch provider first after 10/7/18 at my current address and then request a move from the new provider to what will be my new address?

I wonder if paying the cancellation fee and then just setting up with the new provider when I move in to my new address would be a simpler and quicker option?

My new address tenancy starts 28/6/18, but I will not be moving in straight away, as my current tenancy will not end until after 10/07/18.

Alternatively, I stay with PN and have to sign a new contract for 12 months to avoid charges, correct?

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

2 REPLIES 2
Kdog
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Moving Address / Switching Provider Advice...

I don't know whether BT will let you move a service free, especially so quickly after starting one up-make sure to check that out. They'd also need a notice period (a month I think) so you'd definately be without service for a while there.

The simplest and most effective route would be to just cancel the Plusnet and start your new provider straight at the new address, which would hit the £30 fee yes, but depending on move charges may be the cheapest route, and you could possibly start the new service before you move ensuring it's there when you are.

With just Plusnet they'll move the service but I think it's £65 to go without contract. It's free if you sign up again. All depends how much you want to change providers-if it's a pricing thing probably worth speaking with options anyway to see if they can do anything.
BritishUser

Re: Moving Address / Switching Provider Advice...

Thanks. I think that seems the best option.