Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved to another provider, but still being billed and no refund

Sebtomato
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Moved to another provider, but still being billed and no refund

I have moved to another provider on the 27th July, and Plusnet was notified (called) and obviously aware (termination email sent).
When I saw a final bill for some calls end of July, I contacted support to advise that they actually owe me money (about a week of prepaid package, so around £9, as I was paying £37 a month). Instead, they charged me another month of broadband on the 3rd Aug (without the phone line, as it had also been migrated), for the period 3/8 to 2/9, and are yet to provide a refund, despite several chats and calls.
This is getting annoying now! I am glad I moved, as CS is most definitely going down, and I shouldn't have to ask so many times for those mistakes to be resolved.
S.
12 REPLIES 12
Razorback
Grafter

Re: Moved to another provider, but still being billed and no refund

I migrated away earlier this week (I followed your lead :))and I have a similar concern. Plusnet owe me a refund for part of the month (less the cost of a call). How long do I keep the direct debit live to allow them to refund given the next payment is still showing as due at the beginning of next month?
picbits
Rising Star

I migrated away a month or so ago - I had a refund from PN for the outstanding amount without any issues.
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

"I migrated away a month or so ago - I had a refund from PN for the outstanding amount without any issues."
I had a perfect bowel movement earlier but that's no consolation telling that to someone who is constipated! Embarrassed
Razorback
Grafter

Last time I migrated away from PlusNet I received a prompt refund of 37p. It is just the paranoid android in me.
That said I personally have never yet had less than excellent service from PlusNet in all my dealings with them.:)
Sebtomato
Rising Star

Still no refunds, after leaving Plusnet on the 27th July, and contacting CS many times on this (phone, chat, email).
Time to raise a small claim/money claim, including all my time wasted on this. They owe me about £30 in term of refund, but given that I have spent probably several hours trying to get it, the small claim is going to include my time too (plus the legal fee), so they will end up paying a lot more.
I was happy with Plusnet when I was a customer, but they surely can't handle people leaving, and their CS is going down fast...
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Very poor show isn´t it, They must need the money giving away all that free broadband....
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi Sebtomato,
Looking at your account, the refund of £27.39 was issued on 25/08/15 when our billing team finalised the closure of your account. Are you sure this hasn't been paid back in to your account yet Huh
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Sebtomato
Rising Star

Hi HarryB,
Thanks for checking, but no, I haven't received any refunds. Since my account has been closed online a few weeks ago, I can't check the status of the open support tickets either.
Anyway, I have raised a small claim/moneyclaim this morning, as I believe I have spent enough time on this now.
S.
Sebtomato
Rising Star

My mistake: refund was indeed processed end of August, looking at my bank statement. However, Plusnet didn't tell me about it, so still wasting quite a lot of my time...
I can't cancel the small claim now, and to be honest, I should still be compensated for all the time wasted chasing anyway.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Your account also shows the following email was sent through on 25/08/15.
Raised: 25/08/15 09:07
This is a Service Notice to confirm that your refund of 27.39 is now being processed.
You don't need to take any action, we'll simply ensure that you get your refund.
Please allow up to 14 days for the money to arrive in your account.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Sebtomato
Rising Star

Nope, never received such email. On the 25th August, I did receive several emails about my account being closed, but I have never received something about Plusnet having issued a refund (and I have checked my spam folder today)... I have the feeling they deleted my account first, and then updated the ticket...
If Plusnet had told me a refund had been issued, then obviously I wouldn't have chased it for several weeks after that... The result is the same: a lot of time wasted, chasing something that shouldn't have happened to start with (billing another month when the line/broadband had been transferred elsewhere)
Sebtomato
Rising Star

Raised a small claim/moneyclaim, and got compensation from BT/Plusnet, so I strongly invite all people having similar issues to do the same, and get compensated for all the time wasted, trying to get refunds.