cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved to FTTP with another provider - can you cease my line/broadband please?

ricom831
Dabbler

Moved to FTTP with another provider - can you cease my line/broadband please?

I was originally moving to BT FTTP however as they cannot provide a static IP I have no longer went with the move. As such I require the current plusnet broadband and landline to be ceased please? Contract ends in a few months so I'm not too bothered about the fees and the landline has been physically remove from the wall now so it's 100% not in use.

thank you for the 6 years or service PlusNet, you have been awesome and I hope to be back again soon!

8 REPLIES 8
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Moved to FTTP with another provider - can you cease my line/broadband please?

@ricom831 

You can't cancel your service on this public forum. To do this see  https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cancellation-policy/

This will result in your line being disabled remotely. Nothing will be removed from your property. The master socket is owned by Openreach and you must leave it where it is.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Moved to FTTP with another provider - can you cease my line/broadband please?

Hiya @ricom831, thanks for getting in touch. I'm really sorry to hear your new provider were unable to provide you a static IP and I'm also really sorry to hear that you are looking to cease the service with ourselves, though understand your decision.

Whilst we're not able to cancel accounts here, you can call and discuss this with our Customer Options Team who will be able to help with this for you, they are contactable directly on 0800 013 2632 and they are open between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

Thank you very much for your loyalty with us over the last 6 years, we do appreciate it and certainly hope to have you back in the future Smiley

Wishing you all the best!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
ricom831
Dabbler

Thanks for the helpful response Lauren. I called up and was told it was being cancelled - not had any emails or notification to confirm. Are you able to check my account please?

PS, the on hold music is [-Censored-].

ricom831
Dabbler

The master socket is owned by Openreach and you must leave it where it is.

You'll find the wall is owned by myself - When can I expect the owner of the master socket to arrive and remove this considering the cease is with you guys??...

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@ricom831 Who are you moving to for phone/broadband - if anyone? If that company uses the the BT network, it is rather silly to remove a 3.1/2 square box.

John
ricom831
Dabbler

FTTP since PlusNet couldn't provide this (yet) - The physical coax line is no longer connected as it was used to pull the Fibre through (collapsed duct so it was easier to pull the line on the installation day rather than have the driveway dug up). I was getting 35mbit down, now getting 980mbit down.

Anyway, called PlusNet and now have confirmation it's being cancelled (hint, it wasn't actually cancelled yet).

Job Done.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Ah OK. The thing is,  unless the original BT NTE is highly visible and unsightly, there is no real reason to remove it - which would need a BT/OR engineer. Out of curiosity,  who is supplying your FTTP?

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@ricom831 wrote:

The physical coax line is no longer connected as it was used to pull the Fibre through

...hint, it wasn't actually cancelled yet.

If the copper pair (not coax) to the box has already been cut by BT engineers, then I would argue that the NTE is no longer terminating anything on the network.  Therefore you can remove the box yourself if you wish to do so.  The "restriction" is that a user may not interfere with the BT network, not the NTE itself in isolation from a circuit.

I am guessing that you did not transfer from your existing service to the new one, but rather had FTTP installed as a new service.  As I under stand things (at present) Ofcom has not got the migrate to FTTP service journey process fully defined / agreed across all of the providers, in the same way as for ADSL to FTTC or ISP to ISP.  Opting for FTTP does not automatically cancel the existing service, similar to migrating away from Virgin Media does not terminate your VM service.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.