cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved phone and broadband to new ISP

Fifer
Hooked

Moved phone and broadband to new ISP

My phone and broadband transferred to a new provider on 6th July, received email regarding phone transfer and informed another email would be sent if broadband is being moved.  Phone transfer seems to have gone through OK, no email or notification of broadband transfer.

I was billed for broadband only, phoned PlusNet and this charge was cancelled, ticket on my account says Direct Debit pending, cancellation of phone account on hold till 17th July.  Why 17th July, the debit leaves my account around 12th July.  Have PlusNet been notified of this broadband transfer? 

2 REPLIES 2
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Moved phone and broadband to new ISP

Sorry to hear you've moved your services from Plusnet.

It looks like an invoice was generated on your account the next day after your services had left us, and we didn't pick up the ticket in time to cancel your account. As the direct debit is pending, we're unable to take any action until this completes.

I can see we've issued you with a refund of that invoice too, so you should simply see the payment leave and return to your bank within the next 10 working days.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Fifer
Hooked

Re: Moved phone and broadband to new ISP

Thanks for the explanation, i will wait until the debits have completed, a final bill is issued, any outstanding payments made and the account is cancelled.  I will then cancel the Direct Debit.

Thanks again.