cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved into a new home, still waiting for my internet :(

greenfocus

Moved into a new home, still waiting for my internet :(

Signed up with Plusnet mid October due to the good customer service reviews and the cashback offer.  Received a letter confirming my order on the 20th of october, i have had the bt engineer come out and install a phone line 2 weeks ago, since then i have had no router or no contact from plusnet apart from when i have contacted them and they claim i have a problem with my phone line (the phone line i am actually calling them from).
When i spoke to them this friday (the third time of trying) they claim there is still a problem with my phone line and promised to call back within 24/48 hours, they did not.
Basically they have not told me when they can get me up and running even though my phone line is working fine and there are plenty of SKY wifi signals in the area showing up on my network list. I am in a new build housing estate and am seriously considering cancelling my plusnet account and going with sky.
Also, i did receive an email from them regarding my cashback, however the email was not addressed to me but some complete stranger, how on earth you've got these awards is beyond me. My first impressions of plusnet are very poor, i need the internet for my work and this kind of service just will not suffice.
Please could someone actually help me out rather than fobbing me off like they do on the phone before i go ahead and cancel this apparently great internet service, thanks.

"Plusnet
We'll do you proud"
PROVE IT!
2 REPLIES 2
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Moved into a new home, still waiting for my internet :(

Hi greenfocus.
Welcome to the Forum. Sorry to see you haven't had any response yet, I guess they are rather overwhelmed at the moment with lots of new customers, but they will get to you and the support on this forum is usually second to none. Obviously someonefrom CRT (Customer Relations Team) needs to have a good look at you account etc and sort it out. It seems like someone in sales/csc has made an error  Roll_eyes
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Moved into a new home, still waiting for my internet :(

Hi greenfocus,
Sorry for the experience so far.
Someone should have called you yesterday, so I'll get this fed back. I'm going to prioritise getting the service up and running first, and then I'll look towards the more clerical sounding issues.
I'm liaising with Openreach and I'll contact you shortly once I have something of significance.
Matty

UPDATE: Your phone service should be fully active. I'll try and get our suppliers to expedite your order. I'm hoping that you'll have service by Thursday at the very latest. I have also left you a voicemail.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet