cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved house, no service yet but my number is still being used!

custos
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Moved house, no service yet but my number is still being used!

I moved house on September 1 and currently don't have phone or broadband at my new address but my number (which I asked to keep) is still being used and calls are being charged to my account. It would seem that my old address still has service and the new owners are using it - what is going on?
5 REPLIES 5
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Moved house, no service yet but my number is still being used!

Hope you contacted Customer Services just after this post - or you may be looking at a horrendous phone bill courtesy of the new occupiers Cry Cry Cry
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Looking at the order I can see the cease part of the order shows it was committed for 01/09/15, however I'm not sure why it didn't actually complete until today (At 11:49)  Huh I'll continue digging to see if I can find a reason for this and pass the feedback on to our suppliers.
In regards to the provide at the new address, I understand this has been chased up today and we're expecting further updates later this week.
There's also a note to refund call charges that you shouldn't have incurred.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
custos
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Harry. I know it will eventually get sorted and I expected a delay in establishing a line at my new property as it is a new build and nobody recognises the address or post code yet. However it was rather annoying that people phoning our number were being connected to strangers. I am tethering to my mobile at the moment which is not ideal but does enable to get on-line. Hopefully it won't be long before I get my wonderful PlusNet service back 🙂 Cheers from Geoff
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

No Problems Geoff, we will keep you updated when we get the further updates. ^BB
custos
Aspiring Pro

Having heard nothing and running out of data on my mobile I thought I would give PlusNet a call. However after waiting 30 minutes before getting a reply I was told I needed 'order updates' and that I would be put through - 30 more minutes later I gave up as the 0800 number became chargeable. Surley I should be able to call 'order updates' direct?