cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move away from plusnet

RANGERS50C

Move away from plusnet

Hi I currently pay for unlimited fibre extra and have done for months but have never seen any improvement in speeds I’m always below my minimum line speed even after reporting to plusnet.

I currently pay around £40 a month for this service but having spoken to BT they can provide a cheaper package with a minimum speed faster than the maximum I’ve ever had with plusnet extra?

My main question being I am on a month to month rolling contract according to my account does that mean I can switch without any charges as I feel a bit ripped off already with my current package?

7 REPLIES 7
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Move away from plusnet

Hi,

A warm welcome to the forums. If you are past your minimum term then there will be no early termination charges, but there could be a cease charge if you move to a LLU provider or cease service altogether.

What has been done to investigate the slow speeds? Have you raised a fault report? What has PlusNET done / asked you to do to progress the problem?

If there is an issue with your phone line then you can forget BT’s promises if better speed. It is very rare that an ISP is the cause of slow speeds - it is invariably down to the BT Openreach managed network as used by all ISPs other than Virgin Media.

Take a look at the speed issues help thread - link below.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Cwpil

I am also considering moving away from Plusnet. But I cannot find when my current contract ends. Web chat not available and I am not going to spend ages on the telephone!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear you're experiencing speed problems @RANGERS50C

Testing your line is showing your router in sync at 31mbps which from what I can see is below expectations for your line of between 34.4mbps to 47.4mbps as shown here.

We're not finding the cause of this though, so I'd recommend running through the steps here to rule out any internal wiring affecting your connection then report a fault to us here if you don't see an improvement.

If you would like a cheaper deal than what you're currently paying, I'd recommend calling our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 to discuss recontracting.

It might also be worth considering dropping your package down to Unlimited Fibre up to 38mbps rather than remain on the more expensive up to 76mbps package.

I hope this helps.

@Cwpil anything we can do to help keep you as a customer?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Cwpil

Hi Gandalf,

Maybe, please tell me if I am out of contract and when does my up front line rental expire.

Then I can explore other options.

I joined Plusnet because of good customer service. That seems to have gone downhill, it takes too long to speak to anyone and often no other options

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear you feel that way.

We're happy to help over here, and as I type this there's no call queue for our customer options team.

I've e-mailed you with the details about your account.

[edit]

I replied to the wrong person by mistake. Sad Sorry @RANGERS50C

@Cwpil Looking into this now. I've e-mailed you (I hope) with details about your account. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tomhollick92

Hi Gandalf

Please can you send me details of my account too? I'm also thinking of leaving.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @tomhollick92

I have sent you an email and created a support ticket on the account for you with details of your account. You can view this here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=178512318

Let us know if you need any further assistance

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team