Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most websites blocked because bill outstanding

FIXED
snadge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Most websites blocked because bill outstanding

I am overdue on my bill as im waiting to be paid later than usual, however I normally get 14 days to pay and Iam only a few days in and lots of websites arent working, its the same websites too, ive tried 3 browsers with no extensions installed and same thing happens on all of them...sometimes it says failed billing etc with no option to continue and sometimes it says timeout or couldnt be reached...sites like thinkbroadband.com ...lloyds and many others...some work, some dont.. ive tried changing my DNS to OpenDNS, Google, BT and even tried a VPN and it still the same

the Plus.net website wont load either, this hasnt been loading since before the due date and as ive said ive tried several browsers and DNS options, flushed DNS and VPN...nothing works?

can somebody look at this please and unlock the billing issue so I can browse until I pay the bill?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
snadge
Aspiring Pro

Re: Most websites blocked because bill outstanding

...ivecome to realise that some of the websites will work if i use a link from google search, but shortcuts or directly typing in dont work (on the sites that wont load) ..for example the shortcut to thinkbroadband speedtest does not work, but if i click on the link to the website from google it will load then go to the speedtest it loads...this happens for majority of the non-working sites...plusnet however still does not load, it says:

The connection has timed out

The server at www.plus.net is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

thats it... all other websites come up with the plusnet billing issue but there is no option to continue, a small number remain unreachable no matter which way i try

this is obviously down to the billing and I cant click continue until i can pay the bill on Thursday

can someone at plusnetenable my browsing please until i can pay the bill?

edit: also this forum takes about 30 seconds to load, i doubt its related as it would either wrk or not...is the forum having issues?

firefox_2019-09-01_17-20-38.jpg

thanks

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Fix

Hi @snadge 

I've made some amendments from this side - can you give it another go and let us know the outcome? 

Thanks, 

MoR

snadge
Aspiring Pro

sorted ... working a lot better now, I paid my bill and it still wouldnt load a few shortcuts nor plusnet from google even, it seems if the shortcut or link does not have the S for 'secure' that it no longer still loads the website but secure, it just wont load until you manually change it from http:// to https:// - most my shortcuts are donkeys years old and still point to non-secure domains, these still workerd as browsers would still load the secure website and change it to https:// ...seems this doesnt work now

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @snadge 

I'm sorry to see you've been experiencing issues while in failed billing and after you paid. Unfortunately it looks like it took some time for the failed payment interruption to remove automatically following the payment being made.

We're aware that these interruptions we apply affect some customers in a way that you're unable to bypass them and you see odd errors when trying to browse like what you've described and we're investigating.

Apologies for the inconvenience this had caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet