cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More incorrect usage figures

kryten1st
Grafter

More incorrect usage figures

Recentley been informed I'm near to my 30gb limit which I can't understand at all.  Have raised a ticket (33383675)  and have had raw data sent to me but this means nothing to me so not getting anywhere so far.  It seams my free usage is not correct and being put on my paid for usage.  We downloaded a free game from http://boi.perfectworld.com which is around 1.04GB and had to download it again a day or so later as was corrupt the first time, on both occasions it was downloaded after midnight and finished well before 8.00am but nowhere is this 2.08GB shown in my free usage for that week.  On Monday 17th it says I clocked up 1.37GB which cant be correct as I was very carefull about downloading anything.  I would appreciate any help from the plusnet team.
6 REPLIES 6
Mand
Grafter

Re: More incorrect usage figures

Hi there,
I've checked the figures on the ticket and they are correct. The figures in the first column are upload stats, and the second column download stats (both in MB). As you can see there's a fair amount during peak (particularly 9pm onwards on all 3 days).
The downloaded game you mention isn't shown, this is likely because the usage has been discarded (if we can't be sure which period the usage is in we disregard it).
kryten1st
Grafter

Thanks for your help Mand.  I'm still not convinced something is wrong here.  What about Monday the 17th when we clocked up 1.37GB this when we were being very carefull about our usage this figure doesn't add up at all, very strange.  How can you not be sure which times the usage was downloaded in?  Just looked at today and we have clocked up another 1.46GB I really need to get to the bottom of this.  Could I change to Plusnet extra with 60GB a month?
Mand
Grafter

I'll grab the figures for the 17th and the 19th.
IIRC the script run to collect the usage stats is run at 15 minute intervals, but we generally discard the last one in the free period and the first one in the paid period and the last one in the paid period and the first one in the free period. This is to make sure you don't get charged for usage which should be free.
kryten1st
Grafter

Thanks Mand
I have just changed to Plusnet Extra as it was showing as an option for me this morning.  I still need to find out why we have this high usage, look at yesterday weds the 19th its just over 2GB how can that be.  Even 60GB a month will be tight at 2GB a day.  Just to be extra carefull have changed the wireless security key so I know no one is accessing my account that way.
Mand
Grafter

I've added the hour by hour figures for the two days mentioned to your ticket.
Changing the wireless is a good idea, have you got anything that may be scheduled to run in the hours of most usage?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Are you running P2P? If so don't forget uploads (you passing files on to other users) are included in your usage.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)