cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More billing woes.................

jsemple123
Hooked

More billing woes.................

*sigh* (and before anyone asks I have raised tickets and still nowhere further forward)

OK so I was awaiting the plusnet bill for october (was due the 9th) I noticed nothing has appeared for it so I wait think OK no problem. I check my billing area and I get:

An error has occurred

You can't change your products for the moment, our system may be updating. Please try again later.

Now upon further digging I found out that the billing was suspended (god knows why)! Was told and assured this would be fixed but absolutely nothing from plusnet no answers to this either..........

Is there a member of staff who can contact to get this farcical situation sorted out? seems to be a ongoing thing plusnet and billing issues

9 REPLIES 9
bobp
Grafter

Re: More billing woes.................

You probably won't find this helpful, but I had the same problem last October, over a year ago. Despite me contacting them at regular intervals it wasn't fixed until a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't too fussed as I was getting free broadband.

However their solution was to cancel my old account and create a new one. This has created all sorts of problems with the separate mailboxes that existed on the previous account, which are no longer separate. We of course can't log on the old mailboxes. I'm thinking of changing provider, if I have to let everyone know a new address it might as well be completely new.

jsemple123
Hooked

The free broadband is OK I suppose but don't help when it been one mess up after 1 mess up with the company (knew it should have been a sign last october when they took over the wrong phone line and took at least 3/4 weeks to get the broadband put on the correct line) then at least 3 months to get the billing sorted and now went back to a mess again

Update: had a response to the ticket and basically all it saying is update periodically which means absolutely no update whatsoever so.............................

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,596

Thanks for your post @jsemple123 

I'm sorry for the billing issues you've had. I can see one of my colleagues in our complaints team has personal ownership. You'll be able to contact him by on the ticket 206000686 or by phone to the number he's provided.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jsemple123
Hooked

and the responses on that are just as idiotic as the very rude PM I've received on here so not good enough sorry

jsemple123
Hooked

So how can plusnet not fix a simple billing issue they basically telling me they refusing to fix it more or less you genuinely can't make this up and when I ask a mod to sort it i get bull from them? absolutely pathetic

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@jsemple123 

The Moderators on this forum are just customers not Plusnet staff and have no access to their systems or your account.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jsemple123
Hooked

Well it gets better this farce. The "free" broadband isn't so free after all as it seems plusnet have fixed the billing issues..................but decided to charge us TWICE i.e,. 2 months broadband when I was promised (in the ticket)! Wink there would be no extra charges added as it's through no fault of our own........................

Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

It’s probably worth giving your case handler a call to sort that out. From what I’ve read the complex issues are where bills put on hold but as billing’s moving again it should be easily fixed 

Meeckle
Dabbler

I'm in the exact same position. Fully aware my free broadband isn't free, but since I've been trying to pay my bill for the whole of my contract, it isn't like I simply chose to not pay my bill, they can go jump for any extra they feel entitled to, quite frankly.
I don't expect free broadband.
I do expect to pay in some form on time for the service I'm using.
I do expect them to keep their word also.
And their word has been threefold so far,
We won't charge you since we can't bill you on this account, if you leave
We won't bill you more than three months worth
We won't bill you more than the rest of your time with us if you choose to leave once we terminate your current contract (18th this month).

They still can't give me a straight answer as to what I'm meant to be paying, but I did get a nice, long essay about the billing issue, how it only affected a couple of people really, why they can't bill me on this account, using this line, and this equipment, but they can totally bill me on a brand new contract with them using this exact same line using this exact same equipment.
Oh and he implied heavily in this essay that I would now also be liable for the entirety of my current two years, plus that agreed 3 months, plus an extra 2 years for a new contract I'll never use because opening a new contract and making me pay it is the only way to resolve this issue.

Honestly, I'm glad this is being spoken about. I'm outraged.

I've got no doubt if my ticket is answered again I'll be told in the rudest manner possible that I just didn't understand.