cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly payment rocketed from £23 to £43?

Whiskerpuss
Grafter

Monthly payment rocketed from £23 to £43?

I recently queried this on the phone with PN and was told it was because the £13 monthly discount for 12mths had finished this month.
I was told I was on a 24mth contract and it was due to end in 4mths time.
I've only lived here a year, so how could I have had a 24mth contract????
I've been with PN since 2006, before I moved here there were numerous blunders on both BT and PN's part. I had my previous number disconnected a month before I was due to move, then reconnected. Then it was disconnected again but this time I had to have a new number which was connected a week before I moved here. And when I moved I was given yet another number because it was a different exchange.
So PN gave me £13 discount in way of an apology for all the stress caused.
But now I'm told I'm on this 24mth contract.
The only thing I can think is, that when PN cut off my previous number, and had to issue me with another number a week before I moved here, they must have done it as a new contract, but even then, it's only 12 mths past not 24.
I was told iif I wanted to leave Plusnet and go to someone else I'd have to pay £67 cancellation fee, to cover the supposed 4mths left on the 24mth contract.
So can someone explain how I only have 4mths left of a 24mth contract when I've only lived here one year, and the only time I ever did have a contract with PN was back in 2006, and I've moved several times since then.
I dont really want to leave Plusnet, but paying over £40 a month for broadband and phone is a bit steep seeing as I've been a loyal customer for almost 10yrs. Surely PN can give me a better deal than this?
At the moment I'm paying
£16.99 for unlimited broadband
£8 for anytime calls with mobile
£15.95 line rental
£40.94 + VAT
Less £2.75 referrals
When i spoke to someone at PN on the phone they said I can't get a reduction in the cost until my contract is up in 4mths. aaarrgghhhhhh
I'm not a happy bunny!
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Monthly payment rocketed from £23 to £43?

Whiskerpuss
Grafter

Very interesting, but doesnt explain how I am on a 24 month contract when I've only lived here 12mths this month.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The point is that how much time you may or may not have on your contract is irrelevant. As Plusnet are making an adverse change you can leave without penalty.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)