cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly Contract - lost a day?

WWWombat
Grafter

Monthly Contract - lost a day?

I have an ADSL account (Extra) that has, for the last year, started on the 29th of each month.
This month, there is obviously no 29th - and the new month has just started today - the 28th.
However, it is showing that the next month lasts until the 27th March, and the following month will begin on the 28th March.
Have I  permanently lost a day?
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
9 REPLIES 9
WWWombat
Grafter

Re: Monthly Contract - lost a day?

BTW - It isn't the account normally associated with this forum id. To get the correct id, change the "a" at the end into "m".
Plusnet Customer
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, just checked on the account and it doesn't look like billing has actually run on it yet? It's due to be billed today, but as it's the last day of the month and a shorter month than normal it's billing everyone who would be billed on the 28th, 29th, 30th and 31st so will take a little longer than usual.
I'm sure once it's run that the contract dates will be shown correctly, but will check on this later for you to confirm.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

I'm om a high alcohol diet lost three days already  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Crazy
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
WWWombat
Grafter

Quote from: Matt
it doesn't look like billing has actually run on it yet

The billing run might not have happened, but the month's dates can be seen in the VMBU pages.
On the 3 month history page, the earliest 2 months show 29th-29th, while last month is showing as 29th-28th. Then the current month detail has daily slots beginning on the 28th Feb, with the last empty one dated 27th March.
I'll watch to see if that has changed in a day or two. TBH it won't matter that much - that account is only likely to last for another month or two anyway.
Plusnet Customer
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That will likely be because the usage has been reset but the account hasn't been billed yet. It will be a slightly longer month but I assure you the usage period will set itself properly once billing has run.
WWWombat
Grafter

Quote from: Matt
I assure you the usage period will set itself properly once billing has run.

I've now received the email notifying me about the direct debit payment, and there's an entry in the "transactions" section. Does that mean the billing has run?
Because, right now, my VMBU history page shows "current period" as 28th Feb - 28th Feb: just a single day! The summary page agrees - and both show just a single daily slot.
Plusnet Customer
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

There will probably be another usage reset shortly after midnight tonight. Hopefully not accompanied by a bill for another month. Roll_eyes
David
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just checked it and all looks normal now? Previous period is "Billing period: 29 Jan - 28 Feb" and the current is "Current billing period: Feb 28 2013 - Mar 28 2013"?
Hope you're seeing the same.
WWWombat
Grafter

Yup - I now see that too. I wonder what caused last night's view, and what changed to get it right!
Plusnet Customer