cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring broadband usage

bitemarx
Dabbler

Monitoring broadband usage

I seem to have overshot my 60GB usage limit despite scheduling most activity to take place between 12:15 am and 7:45 am. Is there a way to get more detailed breakdowns of where exactly the usage is highest?
As far as I can tell (this is rough estimate, unfortunately) I could not possibly have used more than about 35 to 45GB this month.
Thanks
Mukesh
5 REPLIES 5
bitemarx
Dabbler

Re: Monitoring broadband usage

No replies, yet, but I was wondering if anyone knows when the meter resets to zero on my usage allowance? I would like to monitor my usage and check against PLusnet's usage indicator just to make sure that they correspond.
Thanks?
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Usage is reset to zero early in the day on your billing date.
Note also that the recorded usage comprises downstream and upstream data.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
bitemarx
Dabbler

thank you for the reply. the offpeak times that plus net mention; are they from 12 midnight to 8am UK time?
adie:quote
pierre_pierre
Grafter

yes indeed, if you look at the VMBU by clicking the bottom left link on this page you will see that it split the usage and tells you the time zone  (some old packages have midnight to 4 pm free)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Is there a way to get more detailed breakdowns of where exactly the usage is highest?

clicking on "usage history" and "internet activities" on our" view my usage" page should give you more detailed data
Otherwise you could try some network monitoring software such as this: http://www.softperfect.com/products/networx/
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team