Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mistaken Extra Usage Email/charge

Smelly
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Mistaken Extra Usage Email/charge

I feel very frustrated that I am having to poke Plusnet here again about being refunded for charges on my last two bills having already raised it. Any chance this will be actioned? I can send copies of the bills to someone if that helps, but staff here have clearly agreed it's PN's fault and I shouldn't have to keep prodding to get my own money back. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear this.

I've arranged to refund you the usage fees you've seen on your invoices since September. You should receive email confirmation of this within the next 24 hours, then the amounts should be deposited into your bank account within 14 days.

Are you able to set your usage to £0 now? We believe to have fixed the underlying problem.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Smelly
Dabbler

Good to hear you think the problem is sorted and about the refunds. Spent was not set, I set it to £0 and it showed, but when I re-entered the page it had reverted to not set, and the same happened on a second attempt - this happened in the past and a staff member set it to -1 which seemed to work, though I cannot do that myself Smiley

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @Smelly.

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I have responded to your query here.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks

Smelly
Dabbler

When I look at manage my usage, the value still says 'not set'. For clarity, should I refrain from exceeding the nominal 10gb daytime usage while this is ongoing, as I have been, or is it acceptable that I attempt to set a 0 extra spend, and arrange refund of any charge thereafter? I want to be clear about that because it is hampering my internet usage during the daytime at the moment.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @Smelly,

It would be easy to say to refrain from exceeding your nominal 10Gb daytime usage, however I can see how frustrating watching the meter constantly would be. I can't guarantee that attempting to set the 0 extra spend limit would be successful, however.

I would still suggest you would be better served by speaking to our Customer Options Team about your legacy product, as they can advise you of alternatives. You may find that you could even save some money along the way, with one of our Unlimited deals. They will be happy to address any concerns you may have about any changes.

Our Customer Options Team are available on 0800 013 2632, between:

08:00 and 20:00 Monday - Friday
09:00 and 19:00 Saturday
09:00 and 18:010 Sunday

Let us know if you need anything further.

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Smelly, regarding being unable to cap your extra usage I'm sorry that this isn't working for you still. I've flagged this to the right people for further investigation and we'll update you when we know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Smelly
Dabbler

Hello, just an update on capping usage, limit reached and email says:

"Your extra usage price limit is currently set to £-7.99. "

So it looks as though whatever fixes you guys did have worked, and I should be able to see out the month as usual Smiley Will advise if anything changes but seems ok for now.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi there. Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm glad to see you're able to cap your extra usage at effectively zero. Thumbs_Up

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to let me know.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet