cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missold the service

denovan

Missold the service

I switched from TalkTalk to Plusnet to save money and get a better customer service. Customer service would be OK if Plusnet staff could answer the question but I didn't move to have to pay more. The salesman I spoke to told me Plus net was cheaper and I could save even more money if I paid 12 month line rental upfront. I believed him now I am locked in to a system that if I go a little over 10gb  costs me money. Making the costs far higher than TalkTalk. Therefore I was missold this service.
he point of this post: When I advised the customer service rep I was told to write in as that was the only way to register a complaint. This is 2012 and Plus net do not have a complaints email ?. Next course Ofcom and the Plusnet ADR. However if Plusnet staff read these posts perhaps a reply and resolution would be good.
3 REPLIES 3
James
Grafter

Re: Missold the service

Hi there,
We don't have an email address for you to raise a complaint, but you can do so by raising a ticket instead.
Details are here:
http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/complaints_code_of_practice.shtml
Once you've done that we'll listen to the sales call to determine whether or not you were misinformed.
denovan

Thank you - pleased to see that someone is listening., Perhaps your agent could be advised as I would have been happy to raise a ticket and allow you to investigate without posting a notice here. You will have your ticket this evening. Thank you
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Go to https://portal.plus.net/data_transfer_watch/ and set your maximum extra monthly spend to £0 (you can't set that if you have already gone over this moth so you'd have to do it next month). That will guarantee that you are never changed extra; if you go over your speeds will be significantly restricted for the rest of the month but you will be able to do essential emails etc.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)