cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing usage warning..

kmilburn
Grafter

Missing usage warning..

So this morning,  my brother has received a 'You've exceeded your usage allowance. We've added some more' email.
However, at no point (which should have triggered on Monday) have we received a warning he's exceeded 80%.
I've double checked the closed tickets and that only shows a service notice corresponding with todays emaill.
So,  we've now incurred an extra £5 charge with no opportunity to determine the desired course of action:

• Stop downloading too much (streaming) and wait for things to reset

• cap the expenditure to prevent the charge, but suffer the capped bandwith

• continue as before and incur the extra charge

8 REPLIES 8
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Missing usage warning..

Unfortunately as usage runs approximately an hour behind it's possible to reach the 80% limit and then exceed your usage before it's picked up by the warning system, I suspect that's what's happened in this case. Might be worth an upgrade if that's happening regularly though?
kmilburn
Grafter

The 80% threshold was breached on Monday, with 100% breached on Thursday,  more than enough time for the warning system to work I think!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Quote from: Matt
Unfortunately as usage runs approximately an hour behind it's possible to reach the 80% limit and then exceed your usage before it's picked up by the warning system, I suspect that's what's happened in this case.

Matt,
There is a suspected known issue of warning emails not having been sent - Chris Purvey is running with that.  Unfortunately I cannot locate the forum thread, only my PMs with him.

Kmilburn,
Is it possible that there is an email address registered on your brother's address which is wrong?  I have suspected that the warning and exceed emails are sent to different email 'place-holders' on the account data.  Have you / he checked your closed tickets to see if there is evidence of the threshold email having been sent?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

kmilburn
Grafter

@Townman

The email address is fine and I've already checked the closed tickets, which only has a service notice for exceeding the usage,  no warning message.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Yep, it's an issue we're aware of and looking in to. If you didn't get the warning email, and it's not showing in service notices, then let us know.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
kmilburn
Grafter

he's raised a ticket for this, #77934097
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

Just to add a bit more info on this problem.
It's being tracked under problem 77152 and the fix for it has been developed and passed testing last Friday. The problem occurred because of the October price changes, in particular the introduction of the surcharge associated with home phone.
The fix will be going out within the next 2 weeks.