cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed cashback - Why is there a two month time limit to claim cashback?

alliquinn88

Missed cashback - Why is there a two month time limit to claim cashback?

So after settling in to my new place fully, I remembered that as part of my broadband deal with Plusnet there was some cashback as part of my plan - £50 to be exact. So I searched my emails, and in my junk folder I found an email from Plusnet dating back to November. "Claim your cashback now!" it said. Great! However, after reading the smallprint, I found I could only claim the £50 cashback 2 months after receiving that email. My question to plusnet is - what is the purpose of this two month limit? Other than to eliminate a certain percentage of people being able to claim it? I would have imagined, as my contract is EIGHTEEN months long, that I should be able to claim my reward for signing on the dotted line to plusnet within that timeframe. Now, I'm feeling regret, and a bit of a negative feeling towards plusnet for placing this arbitary limit, because apart from this seem to be one of the better and more upfront broadband providers.

1 REPLY 1
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Missed cashback - Why is there a two month time limit to claim cashback?

If we didn't have a time limit then we could have dozens of different cashback offers on the go over an 18 month period, with varying amounts, discounts, offer codes and redemption methods. We also agree deals with the people who send the cheques based on how many will be sent in a timescale.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.