Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misleading personalised Emails regarding price rises and enticements to renew

FIXED
hitchhiker43
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Misleading personalised Emails regarding price rises and enticements to renew

In the last few days I received an Email from Plusnet addressed to my christian name and using phrases such as "We’ve taken a look at our best offers and we reckon that this online one gives you everything you need. And the best bit is, if you switch to it now, the broadband price won’t go up on 5th June 2018". That is totally misleading as firstly if your contract has not expired in June there will be no price rise for you as Plusnet are only allowed to pass on line rental increases during the contract period, nothing else. Secondly this new offer is more than I presently pay so if they succeded in tricking me I would loose out as I suspect would be the case for many other recipients. I hope Plusnet fully understand that this kind of misleading advertising of services is against the law ?Huh
Tp-link W8960n on longgggggggg line!
2 REPLIES 2
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Misleading personalised Emails regarding price rises and enticements to renew

I think you are wrong in your assumption that only line rental price rises are allowed during a contract. The  T&Cs clearly state that prices for any part of the contract may rise during the contract period and you may leave without penalty if is detrimental to you. You need to call customer options to get the best deals, it is best to ignore any online offers.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Misleading personalised Emails regarding price rises and enticements to renew

Fix

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy with the price refresh comms.

@RealAleMadrid is correct. We'll allow you to leave with no early termination fees if you contact our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 within 30 days of receiving that e-mail.

Worth noting that a £30 cessation fee may still apply depending on how the line is taken over. More info on this can be found here: https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/charges-for-removing-broadband/

With that said, if you would like a new deal from us I'd recommend calling us on the above number as we'll be happy to discuss this with you to keep you as a customer.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet