Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misleading information provided by the retention team

Sebtomato
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Misleading information provided by the retention team

Hi,
Just called to terminate my 18 month contract, following the price increase email sent (perfect opportunity to get out of the contract for free).
Spoke to a lady from the retention/termination team:
Lady: "Which provider are you considering moving to?"
Me: "BT fibre"
Lady: "Well, we can match ANY offer BT is doing on broadband and phone line."
Me: "I don't believe so"
Lady: "Yes, we can match the £15 a month for fibre"
Me: "Well, it's currently £12.50 a month, plus £100 sainsbury card, plus £85 cashback. Minus installation and delivery, that's equivalent to an actual cost of £3 a month. Can you match that?"
Lady: "..."
Me: "hello?"
Lady: "well, I suggest you place your order with BT and they will take care of termination. Goodbye"
Given the large number of people cancelling their contracts, I don't believe Plusnet is unaware of the true offers from BT and others...

3 REPLIES 3
catelliott
Grafter

Re: Misleading information provided by the retention team

Hi there sebtomato,
I'm really sorry about this, unfortunately it doesn't seem like this is something our retentions team could match. Just out of interest, where is it that you've seen this offer?
Sebtomato
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi,
I have been a Plusnet customer for a while, and happy with the internet connectivity, speed, reliability. It's a shame that Plusnet is just no longer competitive, but not a massive inconvenience to switch to BT.
However, I am more concerned about the message provided by the retention team, about being able to match ANY BT deal, when the reality is Plusnet is very far from it. This should be corrected/avoided, and the main reason of my post.
adie:quote
grahamn
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

The deal being talked about seems to be  a Money Supermarket deal.