cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misleading advert? Line Rental Saver "can be transferred to the new phone line without penalty"...?

lucy5
Grafter

Misleading advert? Line Rental Saver "can be transferred to the new phone line without penalty"...?

I chose Line Rental Saver partly because the Plusnet website specifically notes that: "In the event of a house move, Line Rental Saver can be transferred to the new phone line without penalty".

I've just tried to transfer the account to my new address - and have been told I will have to pay £114.99 to do this (this was what I was told in follow-up email, although I'm pretty sure the guy on the phone said £150). 

Pretty disappointed - and confused, since this seems to contradict the advertising?  The website says Plusnet makes "a promise to be a straight talking provider"... but promoting the idea that you can move your account "without penalty" seems to be deliberately misleading the customer to encourage sign-ups? 

18 REPLIES 18
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Misleading advert? Line Rental Saver "can be transferred to the new phone line without pena

Hi there. 

The one off charge of £114.99 would be referring to a £65 house move fee and a £49.99 installation fee if we need an engineer to physically connect the phone line up at the exchange. That’s also explained in our moving home FAQ’s here: https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/moving-home-or-office/#cost

That’s in addition to line rental, or as you’ve said you’ve got line rental saver then you won’t need to pay the monthly rate of line rental unless line rental saver expires and you don’t renew it. 

Hope this helps. 

[edit]

We’ll be happy to cover those one off fees if you take out a new contract with us though. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lucy5
Grafter

Re: Misleading advert? Line Rental Saver "can be transferred to the new phone line without pena

What constitutes a "penalty" then if it that doesn't refer to a moving fee?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The moving fees are applicable regardless if you take out line rental saver or pay line rental monthly, because they're fees to cease/activate/install the previous/new services as opposed to the monthly running cost that's line rental.

If you pay line rental saver you won't be put at a disadvantage and lose it if you want to move property, because line rental saver can be transferred to your new address/remain active on your account during a house move.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lucy5
Grafter

Thanks for the clarification. 

I really think you should add this disclaimer to the advert for the Line Rental Saver as at the moment it says "without penalty" which I think most people would assume means without a fee...

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @lucy5 I will pass on this feedback across to the relevant team.

If you do need any further assistance please let us know and we will be happy to help.

Kind regards.

lucy5
Grafter

Thanks - I mean, I’m not happy with the outcome as I believe the advert which signed me up was misleading- so I don’t know if you can help?
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thanks for your response @lucy5

The only way we would be able to cover the fees incurred through a house move, would be if a new contract were to be agreed at the point of setting up the house move.

Apologies for any inconvenience this causes

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
lucy5
Grafter

Yeah I get that - but I think the “without penalty” advert doesn’t suggest this at all.
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Misleading advert? Line Rental Saver "can be transferred to the new phone line without penalt...

Hello @lucy5 I do apologise if the advert is not clear with this information, as advised I have forwarded this feedback across to the relevant team.

We do cover the costs and our House Move process within our T&Cs, this information can also be obtained on our website help articles which you can view by Clicking Here

The information can be found through a search engine result and we have ensured it is accessible for our customers to obtain.

As advised the fees you are being charged for is for the House Move Fee (£65 to transfer the services across and do the necessary admin work, this transfer is submitted across to our suppliers) and £49.99 New Line Installation Fee (call out fee for an Openreach Engineer to install a line within your premises as the property has no current active line)

Kind regards.

lucy5
Grafter

I’ve now received a bill for £12.09 but no explanation why, I have never paid this before?
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello @lucy5 I have had a look into your account and responded to your query via a ticket.

You can view this by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to get back in touch with us.

Kind regards.

lucy5
Grafter

I’ve been charged for broadband again this month, this time £10.26?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @lucy5 

I'm sorry to see your latest bill is incorrect again. I believe I've sorted this for you now and corrected this moving forward, I've added a reply onto your support ticket 195764686 with more detail.

I hope this helps.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lucy5
Grafter

Thank you for your help 🙂