cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum contract length for plusnet fibre unlimited

njay
Grafter

Minimum contract length for plusnet fibre unlimited

On last Thursday I put an order in over the phone to upgrade to Fibre Unlimited. Can I confirm the minimum contract length is 18months even for existing customers?
BTW i did respond to the fibre order confirmation ticket (#67890797) the same day with this query but 5 days have past so has it got lost in the ether Smiley
Cheers
12 REPLIES 12
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: Minimum contract length for plusnet fibre unlimited

Yep its 18 months for everybody.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The minimum is 18 months for fibre, other deals or offers that have been agreed with the Customer Options Team maybe extend this but we'll make that clear on the call.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
njay
Grafter

Hmm, OK but I don't believe it was made clear as the only time the 24m I appear to have been timed in for was mentioned was if I wanted the same offer as new customers Sad
plusnetsting

Judging by the number of complaints about obfuscation over charges and contract lengths etc., Plusnet is in trouble of losing whatever good reputation it might have had. I would have recommended them before but not now.
njay
Grafter

Just to be clear i am already out of contract and was fully aware that changing products would start a new contract (that is the way the industry works) as I have upgraded previously from ADSL1 to ADSL2+ 60Gb package.
What was not made clear was unlike new customers where it is 18months it appears that I will be on a 24m contract. I think I know why but if its down to what I suggested on my ticket then I am very dissappointed that was not made clear.
Please can a plusnet member of staff check my ticket and comment?
Thanks.
njay
Grafter

Please can someone from Plusnet respond either on here or to my original ticket as its been 7days now without a single response to my open ticket Sad
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Are you paying the standard price as advertised on the website or were you offered an individual deal (often these are offered to users on Market 1 exchanges)?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@njay Sorry you've not had an answer that. I'll reply to the ticket ASAP for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
njay
Grafter

Cheers Adam for getting involved Smiley
However fibre has been activated (engineer isn't due till 1-6pm today) and according to ticket #158792126 provisioning haven't taken any notice  of you Roll_eyes
Can you intervene? Smiley
njay
Grafter

Fibre installed as of 3pm Friday Cool Some install issues which I have raised elsewhere on the forum.
Still no response at all from Support team on the ticket raised about contract length which is now 11days and counting Sad
Can someone please prod them into life Smiley
Thank you
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Still no response at all from Support team on the ticket raised about contract length which is now 11days and counting

Except for the reply by Adam on Thursday confirming we'd only hold you to an 18 month contract?
I've fixed the contract length now, it automatically activated as a 24 month contract as that was the way it was initially set, so we had to wait for that before changing it.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
njay
Grafter

Sorry I should have been move specific than "support team" as I had already thanked Adam earlier in this thread for intervening and was referring to whoever responds to the ticket to action the change from 24 to 18months Wink
Either way. Thank you Chris for making the alteration  Cool