cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration phone and BB from BE - potential issue with cancelled phone line.

tonycollinet
Grafter

Migration phone and BB from BE - potential issue with cancelled phone line.

Hi
I've read of a problem with transferring phone and BB from BE.
Plusnet first move BB then take over the phone. Problem is BE don't let you have phone line without broadband. As soon as the broadband is moved, they cancel the phone line - requiring a new activation.

Are plusnet able to handle this properly yet?

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Migration phone and BB from BE - potential issue with cancelled phone line.

Quote from: tonyAtplus
Plusnet first move BB then take over the phone. Problem is BE don't let you have phone line without broadband. As soon as the broadband is moved, they cancel the phone line - requiring a new activation.

I think you'll find they give you a 30-day "grace period" but best to talk to Be and check that is still current practice.
People having problems here have "mostly" been those moving to Fibre when delays in the fibre provisioning have exceeded that 30 days. If you're just going to ADSL it's less risky.
Sometimes it's been the result of customers own actions where they have given Be notice to cancel, assuming PlusNet/BT will transfer on the "promised" date, in order to avoid paying twice for any overlap period. False economy when there are delays, which can easily happen.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: tonyAtplus
Plusnet first move BB then take over the phone.

I note that a reply to your question on the Be forums has stated that PN "can" (if asked) move the phone first.
This would be a much safer way to do it, if feasible.  Cool
It has been suggested several times in the Be forum (in relation to joint Be BB/phone users moving elsewhere) that if at all possible the phone should be transferred away from Be first, especially if broadband is moving to FTTC.
This did not in general assume the same "target" provider though. And of course if moving to BT, for example, you CAN move the phone first.
Basically there's a "disconnect" between Be and PN in that both effectively say "no phone without broadband" but the transfer mechanism (via BT companies) doesn't facilitate a quick and error-free transfer of both together.
tonycollinet
Grafter

thanks all
Well I've been assured by BE (in a ticket) that they won't disconnect either service before the date they've given me. We'll see. Smiley