Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from BT Infinity

Gazzertron
Dabbler

Migration from BT Infinity

Hello,
I signed up on the 29th of December to migrate to Plusnet from BT and paid up front for 12 months line rental.
However I have not had any correspondance apart from my order confirmation. Any idea how long will it take to migrate, I'm concerned that my MAC will expire.
Cheers
Gary
6 REPLIES 6
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Migration from BT Infinity

If the MAC was used when placing the order then you don't need to worry about it expiring - the 30 days is between when it was issued and when it is used. Even if the migration takes longer than 30 days to complete, there should not be a problem.
tharweb
Hooked

You need to get onto Plusnet. A similar thing happened to me and when I eventually called I was told my order was "stuck". I was advised to call the provisioning team and it was soon "unstuck" and the order progressed quickly after that.
I wouldn't leave it as I still think the MAC could expire as it's not been used yet as such.
Good luck!
mthompson18

Hi,
I had a very similar experience ending about a week ago.
The good news is you will get up and running.  The bad news is Plus Net were terrible. 
My order was also "Stuck".  Exactly the same coming from BT Infinity,
Then, they missed the Install date and eventually BT swapped Broadband over 2 days later.  To cap it all, Plus Net then didn't activate the line.
My advice is:
Definitely contact Plus Net  as the previous replies suggest. 
Be patient - More than you should be.
The day your broadband is swapped don't assume Plus Net will turn you on.  If you have no Broadband  call them (And spend an hour on hold as I did).
Eventually you will get through to someone that (For me anyway) can activate the line there and then.
This all happened about a week ago (See my posts)

This probably sounds terrible (And PlusNet should be truly ashamed). 
The only good news I can offer is once activated its been as fast as BT Infinity and as reliable (And cheaper)

irishwhip
Dabbler

Quote from: Jaggies
If the MAC was used when placing the order then you don't need to worry about it expiring - the 30 days is between when it was issued and when it is used. Even if the migration takes longer than 30 days to complete, there should not be a problem.

I'm in a  similar "stuck" situation, and was informed that my MAC had expired and to request a new one from BT
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi all,
Really sorry about this. @Gazzertron and @irishwhip I've placed your orders for you and updated tickets on your account, really sorry about the delay in getting those placed for you. @mthompson18 I'm sorry you were in the same boat and am glad our support team were able to sort it for you. Sorry to everyone as well that you've had to chase us over this.
Gazzertron
Dabbler

Hello Matt,
Many thanks for sorting this out.
Gary