cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration/billing question

mitchell20
Grafter

Migration/billing question

Today (9th Feb) I've been billed for another month as usual.  Tomorrow I migrate to Sky.  I presume then I'll be refunded this payment minus one day?  Is this correct and if so do I need to do anything?  I am planning on calling PN once the migration is complete anyway just to confirm I have migrated.
19 REPLIES 19
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Migration/billing question

Hi mitchell20,
We require 10 days notice for a cancellation so you should get a refund for in the region of 19 days worth of service.
Up to you if you want to call but feel free to post here instead and I'll confirm the migration for you.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mitchell20
Grafter

Err sorry no, I called for my MAC a week last Friday, you didn't issue it so I called again on the 2nd and that is the notice of migration as you even sent me an email about the cease on my line on the 2nd.  If that's not notice of cancelation then what is?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

MAC a week last Friday

Not disputing that at all, wasn't aware of it and seeing as you had mentioned the 9th that's why I quoted 19 day to you. We still require 10 days notice but that will be taken from the original point of contact.
dick:green Quote tag fixed.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mitchell20
Grafter

No-one has also yet explained why it took 2 phone calls to request the said MAC as well?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm only able to see the notes from one of the calls I'm afraid so I can't really give you a straight answer to that. Apologies for any difficulties you may have had.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mitchell20
Grafter

I've now migrated as Sky broadband which has been activated here this morning.  Just spoken to PN to let them know but they say nothing can be done now until 28th Feb regarding the downgrade to PAYG and any refund?Huh
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

mitchell20,
I've refunded £13.26 for you which equates to 20 days service, the remaining to counts for the 10 days notice we require for cancellation. The fact that the downgrade won't happen straight away won't affect you as you'll be able to use e-mail in the meantime.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mitchell20
Grafter

Thanks Adam.  Less refund than expected but hey this is PN we are talking about who make rules up as they go along.  Also happy to say PN mail sending works perfectly using Sky SMTP servers.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

this is PN we are talking about who make rules up as they go along

No problem, this has been done exactly by our terms and conditions, we've refunded you for any service you've paid for but have not been able to use.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: mitchell20
Err sorry no, I called for my MAC a week last Friday,

I make that the 28th January so the 10 days notice from that date takes you to 7th February.
Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
We still require 10 days notice but that will be taken from the original point of contact.

He is therefore due a full refund from the day of migration - the 10 days notice has expired.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We received a ticket on the 28th which doesn't constitute a cancellation request as we always ask (as we did on the ticket) to give us a call.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Really?
Quote from: mitchell20
I called for my MAC

Plusnet really know how to make sure people never would consider returning!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
mitchell20
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
We received a ticket on the 28th which doesn't constitute a cancellation request as we always ask (as we did on the ticket) to give us a call.

Which I did on the same day and you did nothing about it.  Check you call records as I called Plus Net on Friday 28th around 11:00am - which I can probably provide proof off as I called from work.  I had to call YET AGAIN on the 2nd to ask once again for a MAC ( which you clearly are now denying as you cannot explain why I was not given my MAC the first time I called).
A MAC was finally generated on the 2nd on that same day and an LLU PTSN cease automatic ticket was also generated the same day.  Even counting from this date, you still owe me 4 days so my claim that you make rules up as you go along still stands.
Good riddance Plus Net......You will not be missed.
mitchell20
Grafter

Just to add.....if I didn't call on the 28th, then why does ticket #  39330077 state:

11:10am, Friday 28 Jan 2011
Dear Mr Mitchell,
Thanks for calling.
Further to our conversation
I will be organizing that your MAC code is generated.
This can take up to 5 working days, and will be emailed to you once it is available.
Please note that your account will not close until you have used this code.
If you have any other questions or issues then please do not hesitate to contact us again.
Kind regards,

?????????????