cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration after contract minimum term

newc6891

Migration after contract minimum term

My broadband contract ends on the 12th, however the migration to my new supplier won't be until the 21st.
Will my internet be cut off on the 12th? Or do plusnet keep you connected until the new provider takes over - if so, what charges will there be for this?
Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Migration after contract minimum term

No, you will just be charged the out-of-contract rate until the switch-over takes place.  As far as I remember PN requires 14 days notice which should start from the time your new supplier informs PN that they are taking over your service.  Whether you need to pay any other charges depends on which supplier you are moving to.

You will no doubt be charged by PN for a full month on the 12th and they will refund any overpayment to you once the switch-over has been completed.  If they don't, come back here and one of the PN staff here will deal with it for you.

Other posters will no doubt give more detail regarding the circumstances under which a cancellation fee applies.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Migration after contract minimum term

Hello there, and sorry to hear you're leaving us.

We'll leave your account open until your line migrates to your new provider. Once that has happened, we'll work out your final bill/issue any required refunds and then we'll cancel your account.

We've sent you an email to let you know of any applicable charges. You can view that here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_service_notice&id=333216285

If there's anything I can do to help keep you as a customer please let me know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet