cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration Procedure.

Joey0027
Grafter

Migration Procedure.

So, after 10 years with MAAF & Plusnet, I am considering parting company & going over to the dark side when I have completed my 12 months!
I signed up with Plusnet on 24 July 2012 for both internet & home phone for which I paid upfront for the line rental, so at what point do I have to give notice/request the MAC? Also, what is the deferred setup of £25 that shows on my account? 
Many thanks for your help.
Steve.
7 REPLIES 7
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Migration Procedure.

Hey Steve,
Sorry to hear that you're thinking of going elsewhere.
That £25 deferred fee was for the original setup costs of the broadband, which we basically held onto the account for 12 months, so if you left before the 12 months was up, we'd charge you for it. This will disappear from your account on the 23rd July (When your 12 months is up).
All we'll require is 10 days notice to close your account and you can request a MAC at any time as these are valid for 30 days.
Our customer options team who are able to provide this to you are available Monday to Friday 9am to 8pm and Saturdays 9am to 5:30pm on the regular support number 0800 432 0200 (listen out for the option "if you're thinking of leaving)
Hope this helps,
Matt
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Why are you thinking of leaving?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Joey0027
Grafter

Quote from: Mattz0r
Hey Steve,
Sorry to hear that you're thinking of going elsewhere.
That £25 deferred fee was for the original setup costs of the broadband, which we basically held onto the account for 12 months, so if you left before the 12 months was up, we'd charge you for it. This will disappear from your account on the 23rd July (When your 12 months is up).
All we'll require is 10 days notice to close your account and you can request a MAC at any time as these are valid for 30 days.
Our customer options team who are able to provide this to you are available Monday to Friday 9am to 8pm and Saturdays 9am to 5:30pm on the regular support number 0800 432 0200 (listen out for the option "if you're thinking of leaving)
Hope this helps,
Matt

Many thanks for your message Matt, much appreciated.
Do I need to give 10 days notice prior to requesting the MAC or is this only required for those wishing to cancel their account without migrating?

Steve.
Joey0027
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
Why are you thinking of leaving?

It would be a reluctant move as I have always been happy with the service I have received however I have to consider that I can save on both line rental & broadband/phone monthly charges elsewhere,
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

You can request a MAC prior to giving notice, once you have a transfer date you can give notice.  If you don't use the MAC within 30 days of receipt it simply expires.
When you request your MAC you may be offered a 'deal' to stay.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Requesting your MAC is accepted as giving notice if you go ahead and use it.
Quote from: w23
When you request your MAC you may be offered a 'deal' to stay.

You may be pleasantly surprised!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Joey0027
Grafter

Ok, so called today & was offered internet at the new customner rate of £2.99 per month for the essentials package.
I opted for this as the service has been faultless although now I see that I could have saved more by changing my internet & phone to a competitor i.e. £70 shopping voucher & £24.24 topcashback with a monthly charge of £3.25.