Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration From Vodafone@Home

ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Migration From Vodafone@Home

Hello
I am due to migrate in on the 7th Feb from vodafone@home which is being closed down.
When I received notification of this I requested my MAC; I received this today with an expiry date of 23rd Feb.
I have now changed my mind and would like to join Plusnet on the terms agreed with Vodafone@home.
Do you think this automatic migration will take place smoothly or will my MAC request muddy the water and result in a ****up.
(I have a PAYG Plusnet account already username Hillblock 249 if a member of the DC team wish to contact me about this)
Ian
7 REPLIES 7
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Migration From Vodafone@Home

Hi there,
If you don't use the MAC the service will just continue as is. The MAC will expire in 30 days anyway Smiley
Hope that helps.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If we've already placed the order and it's in progress with the MAC then personally I'd let that complete as is.
You may also want to check with Vodafone how they handle MACs that expire, do they automatically keep the account open after that?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ian007jen
Rising Star

Hi Chris
Vodafone@home is closing down on the 7th Feb, and all customers are being transfered to PlusNet.

Ian
Chris
Legend

Yep, good point. Just want to make sure that you're not sat in a limbo state hence my suggestion to leave any orders in progress to complete.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ian007jen
Rising Star

more info on the voda transfer
http://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1000&PARTITION_ID=1&CMD=BROWS...
My guess your (PlusNet's) order for MAC's for all voda customers will take place in the first week of Feb and "migrations" take place on the 7th.
Will this mean this will conflict with my MAC I recieved today.
Ian
Chris
Legend

It's highly unlikely we'll be using a traditional MAC process due to the volume of orders. If you *haven't* yet given the MAC to Plusnet and want the migration to go ahead with the other V@H customers then that's what will happen. If you *have* given us the MAC and want us to cancel that order so you get migrated with the other V@H customers I'd suggest calling our orders team on 0800 432 0200 and they should be able to sort this out for you.
ian007jen
Rising Star

Chris

NO ORDER placed at the moment. So I will let it be.
Thanks for putting my mind at rest.
Ian