cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating to SKY for Line Rental and Broadband

Wheel_nut
Grafter

Migrating to SKY for Line Rental and Broadband

I have just placed an order with SKY to migrate my Telephone and Broadband service to SKY.
SKY are telling me that the "TRANSFER DATE" is controlled by PlusNet and can only be changed by PlusNet. It is currently set for 3 August 2015 whih is ONE DAY before my contract with PlusNet ends and One Month and a day before my LRS runs out.
Please can a PlusNet agent advise:
1) Is this true that only PlusNet can change the "TRANSFER DATE"?
2) Who do I contact at PlusNet to change the TRANSFER DATE to 4 September 2015?
3) When I migraet, I would like my account (roband) downgraded to a "FREE" account so that I can continue to receive my referrals payments. I will leave my DD details on the system. Do I raise a Ticket to do this?
Many thanks for any assistance you can give me.
Robin
6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Migrating to SKY for Line Rental and Broadband

No idea what Sky are telling you here! The process is 'gaining provider led', they have to provide at least 10 days notice of the transfer out but they place the orders not us!
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Hi Chris, I believe that this is a SKY diversionary tactic and is pure misinformation. I persisted with my need to re-schedule the transfer and am now awaiting a call-back from their Belfast Transfer Team.
Can you tell me what I need to do to have my existing account downgraded to a "FREE" account so that my Referrals will continue to be paid.
Thanks for your help thus far ... R
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Hi Chris, Please see my request in  Question #108004217 which I have updated today.
Best regards, Robin
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I've beaten Chris to this one.
I've added your comments on to a different ticket that'll be picked up by the team that deals with cancellations via LLU migration. All should be sorted by the time of cancellation.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Hi Matty, Thank you for doing that. I should explain that I will NOT be migrating to SKY!
The Sky agent who signed me up was full of promises that she could move the Transfer Date to 3 September but after four long phone calls (in the queue) and promises of call-back, i spoke to a "Manager" who said that they did NOT have the option to change the Transfer Date. The only option she offered was to CANCEL the Order.
So, I am now signed up to migrate to BT for Broadband (Unlimited), Line Rental, Anytime Calls and BT TV with the recording Youview Box on a 12 Month Contract which commences 3 September 2015.
I should explai that the attraction for moving to BT is the BT WiFi Hotspot service and the very attractive Cashback and Voucher offer. The added attraction of the YouView Box and a 12 Month contract was too good to pass up.
I hope that my line will be FTTC enabled by next year and I will be looking at PlusNet again so you are not rid of me yet ,,, Wink
Best wishes, Robin
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hope to hear back from you soon Robin!
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet