cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating legacy Metronet account to Plusnet

pwt300
Dabbler

Migrating legacy Metronet account to Plusnet

I want to migrate a legacy Metronet account over to Plusnet. Given that Metronet and Plusnet are the same company, is there a streamlined way of doing this, without having to obtain a MAC key, pay an activation fee, etc.?
This is the third and final account I'm migrating. The first two migrations were much heavier lifting than they should have been.
Thanks,
Peter
12 REPLIES 12
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Migrating legacy Metronet account to Plusnet

You should just need to contact our sales team, advise them that you want to move your Metronet account to Plusnet and they'll go through the 'brand migration' steps that are required. Hopefully this doesn't cause you too much effort this time!
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pwt300
Dabbler

Thanks Chris.
I've spoken with the sales team, and then initiated the migration. In fact, I was just sent a link to the standard Plusnet sign up page, but apparently there is some information attached to the ticket behind the scenes. I hope so.
Three things I would like Plusnet to get right this time:
1) I was told over the phone that I would NOT need to get a MAC key, but the signup process is demanding one.
2) I was told over the phone that the £25 activation fee would not be applied, but I've just had to pay it by credit card, so I expect a refund.
3) I want the switchover done on 28-Nov, specifically. Not the day before, not the day after.
The old Metronet account has username 'pwtoft', the new Plusnet migration account has username 'tarmitstead'.
I'm hoping that someone from support can help shepherd this migration along and prevent it from going off the rails.
This is the third account migration I've done from Metronet to Plusnet (I've been a Metronet/Plusnet customer for nearly ten years). The first two went wrong. I'd really like this one to work properly!
Thanks,
Peter
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Cheers for getting back to us and really sorry to hear about the issues with the previous two migrations.
After checking the notes on the existing account I'm confident there shouldn't be a problem on this occasion.
I'd urge you to post back here if any issues do occur in the process of moving over and I'm certain we can do this in the manner you've stipulated.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pwt300
Dabbler

Thanks for your support.
This migration now appears to be blocked at the "Checking Your Details" stage, and I've been asked again for a MAC key (by text message). As agreed with Plusnet support, and discussed above, this is an internal brand migration and should not require a MAC key.
Please could you unblock the process, or advise me what I need to do? Thanks.
Regards,
Peter
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

We should be able to complete the migration for you on the 28th. We just need to get your new router sent out.
I'm passing your details on to get the move fully completed.
Thanks
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
pwt300
Dabbler

Thanks Matty -- I appreciate the help.
Regards,
Peter
pwt300
Dabbler

Hi Plusnet folks,
I am still receiving text message requests for a MAC Key for this brand migration. This is not filling me with confidence that the migration is on track for Friday 28th.
Should I stop worrying?
Thanks,
Peter
Chris
Legend

We don't need the MAC. We should have been clearer on this and let you know that although we may keep asking for it via the automated systems, you don't need to supply it. From what I can see this is all in hand for completion on the 28th.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pwt300
Dabbler

Thanks very much for checking, Chris.
Peter
pwt300
Dabbler

The switchover from Metronet to Plusnet worked fine, and happened on the correct day. Thanks to the Plusnet team for their assistance with this.
Could I now get the £25 activation fee refunded, please, as agreed with your support team on 11th November?
Thanks,
Peter
Chris
Legend

Hi Peter,
Sorry for the delay in replying. I've refunded the £25 back to the same payment method it was taken from.
pwt300
Dabbler

Thanks for your assistance, Chris.
Cheers,
Peter