cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating (back) to Plusnet - Process query

Wheel_nut
Grafter

Migrating (back) to Plusnet - Process query

My contract term with BT ends on 27 July and I am considering (MAC) migrating back to Plusnet. It is some time since I was here so have some questions about the migration process:
1) When I sign up and provide my MAC, can I specify the date on which I want the migration to happen?
2) How many WORKING days does it take for the Broadband service to migrate across to Plusnet?
3) BT tell me that the Phone Line migration happens some two or more weeks after the Broadband service migrates. Is this correct?
4) Can I specify the Date of the month that the monthly DIRECT DEBIT is taken from my account?
Here's hoping that this can happen without unnessart pain.  Smiley  Cool
11 REPLIES 11
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Migrating (back) to Plusnet - Process query

Hi Wheel_nut,
Quote from: Wheel_nut
1) When I sign up and provide my MAC, can I specify the date on which I want the migration to happen?

You can yes, you need to specify this when you sign up.
2) How many WORKING days does it take for the Broadband service to migrate across to Plusnet?

It takes 5 working days.
3) BT tell me that the Phone Line migration happens some two or more weeks after the Broadband service migrates. Is this correct?

Once your broadband order has migrated to us, we then place an order to take over the phone line which takes 10 working days.
4) Can I specify the Date of the month that the monthly DIRECT DEBIT is taken from my account?

Your billing date will be the date that your broadband goes active, your direct debit would be processed on this date and takes 3-5 days to process from your account.
I hope that helps.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Wheel_nut!  I hope you come back! Cheesy
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Hi Chris, Many thanks for the very full and clear answers to my queries. I will be on holiday in June so I need to get my ducks in a row before I go.
Hi Kelly, Thank you for the very warm welcome. How could I now go anywhere else.
I went to BT to get two functions that PlusNet did not offer:
1) BT Vision - now YouView - but the way that BT TV has developed means that those of us without Fibre service get little or no function over a simple PVR.
2) I have been usinf BT WiFi while on the move but have now got a Tablet with "DataPass" so get 2 years free service. Also, at a penny/ MB on Three's 3-2-1 service, it is an inconsequential cost!
Please PM me if there are any special offers on the horizon. I promise not to tell.
Give my best regards to James Bailey.
Robin
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
Hi Wheel_nut,

You can yes, you need to specify this when you sign up.

Hi again Chris,
How far in advance can I sign up? I cannot leave BT in advance of 28 July without incurring charges so can I sign up mow and specify a migration date of 28 July?
Also, would this secure me the £2.49 Unlimited Broadband deal and the current Annual Line Rental Price?  Smiley  Huh
R
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Wheel_nut,
We should be able to hold the order for you until the 28th if you were to sign up now however let us know if you have any issues and we should be able to take a look and get this resolved for you.
If you do sign up at the current price, you will have this locked in for the duration you have the products you choose. This should only change if you alter the products in the future or if we retire the product you're on at some point.

Hope this helps!
noname
Grafter

Quote from: Chris

It takes 5 working days.

Once your broadband order has migrated to us, we then place an order to take over the phone line which takes 10 working days.

I have a fibre connection now and I've been waiting 10 working days and no further forward and apparently you're still "checking" my line. I dread to think how long it will take you to switch my phone.
Others tell me it's taken them 4 weeks to be switched.
perhaps Plusnet need to be more open about how long the process takes!
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

noname, I've replied to your post here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,128218.0.html
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Quote from: Adam
Hi Wheel_nut,
We should be able to hold the order for you until the 28th if you were to sign up now however let us know if you have any issues and we should be able to take a look and get this resolved for you.
Hope this helps!

Hi Adam,
I now have my MAC so can place the order soon. I want my Direct Debit Date to be between the 6th and 8th day of the month so would I be correct to specify the 5th of August which is a Tuesday? (I am locked in to BT until 28 July 2014.)
Looking forward to coming back .... Robin
EDIT: Two more questions:
1) Can I use the Username that I still have with PlusNet as a "Free" account?
2) The latest date that I can specify on the Web Order process is 25 July 2014. How do I specify 5 August 2014?
R
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Morning Wheel_nut,
We would be able to upgrade the free account but as that would be a manual process it would be best to speak with one of the support agents to get this done. The automated journey allows for a MAC code submission as part of the process however this isn't something that's available from your side when upgrading a free account to a paid broadband service.
The above process will also allow you to address the second point of your edited question list as the agent should be able to request the migration order is placed for the date you desire.
With regards to timing of the billing cycles, as we're unable to manually alter these it would be best to submit your order to us (by calling support to upgrade the free account) around 7-10 days before you're looking to be billed as this is automatically set to the date that the service goes live.

Hope this helps
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Thanks to Adam for his help with this process and I am delighted to say that I am am back with PlusNet for my Broadband service. My Phone Line should transfer within the next two weeks.
BT stopped my Broadband service yesterday morning but I was able to send Adam a DM on this Forum using the BT WiFi service on my neighbour's Hub and within minutes, Adam activated my service. Now that's service!
Thanks again Adam and tell Kelly that I'm back.  Smiley
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

oh no!

Cheesy
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager