cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating away from Plusnet to another service provider but ticket says otherwis

neas83

Migrating away from Plusnet to another service provider but ticket says otherwis

Hi everyone I rang plusnet on the 24/07/2015 to confirm I was leaving to a different provider.  I received the support ticket (below):
[removed] - Sales & COT Analyst
1:39pm, Friday 24 Jul 2015
Dea,
We’re sorry you’ve decided to leave us because of the changes we’ve made to our home phone pricing and call rates. As agreed, because you’ve told us within 30 days of receiving the email we won’t be applying any early termination charges.
Please contact our Customer Options Team on 0800 432 0200 if you decide to remain with us.
Kind regards,
[removed]

I then signed up with the new supplier who have a billing start date from the 11th September yet I have the following ticket on the system below:

ervice Notice #239482721< Back
Service Notification
11:00am, Monday 3 Aug 2015
Cancellation scheduled for Line Only Product 32353650, on 24-08-2015

Does this mean plusnet will cancel my package on the 24th? 2.5 weeks before the new provider takes over?  I thought this wasn;t supposed to happen as i had to give a minimum amount of notie of 14 days for migration.
Whats my best course of action? Ring plusnet or the new service provider?  
[Moderator's note by Adie (dvorak) CSA name removed as per Forum Rules]
3 REPLIES 3
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Re: Migrating away from Plusnet to another service provider but ticket says otherwis

Hi, so I have looked into this and your new provider is taking over the line on the 17/08/15 and that is when the transfer will be succesful
neas83

Re: Migrating away from Plusnet to another service provider but ticket says otherwis

Thank you for your quick reply.  Guess I will miss the good service.  Well done.
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

No problems, well it is a shame to see you leaving but if you do ever want to return just get in contact with us and we will be more than happy to assist you in getting the best deal.