cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrated to another provider

moob
Grafter

Migrated to another provider

As per title, I moved to Sky at the weekend after a slight delay.
As I was moving, I cancelled my direct debit.
I'm now being contacted with alarming regularity requesting payment for a service I no longer have.
I've tried to submit a ticket, but this is blocked as they continually request direct debit details etc - Plusnet have even tried to debit from my credit card.
Surely the fact my service is no longer active should be a clue here.
Can someone please review my account and resolve this?
7 REPLIES 7
moob
Grafter

Re: Migrated to another provider

Dissapointed to note that staff have been online since I posted this around 5 hours ago yet no answer.
flinflon
Dabbler

There is always a problem to move to another provider. Plus net do not want you to go. They will therefore make difficulties such as making you phone for your MAC number on an 0800 number that is never answered because all advisors are busy ie keep phoning until you are fed up. It is a common tactic to put you off. Over the years I've had trouble moving from BT and others. You have to write to CEO's office and threaten to get the Regulator involved. All providers are more or less the same.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi moob,
I tried to call you earlier but got no reply, I have now rectified the outstanding amount and the account is now closed down.
I hope that helps.
moob
Grafter

Another 24 hours or so later and still no reply.
I did however get an email saying my broadband connection has terminated today despite sky taking over my line 4 days ago.
maureenandmalc
Dabbler

Having EXACTLY the same issue with Plusnet and their overzealous billing of ex customers.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,130643.0.html
My internet was migrated to Sky back on 28th July, yet the Plusnet crew go cheerfully into a brand new billing cycle, sending me another invoice for "services" which they seem to think that they will still be providing for between 15/8 and 14/9, a period where I'm not even a customer. Isn't almost Three weeks after a migration enough time to cancel an ex-customers' billing and close an account?. I bet Plusnet would be the first to dirty their pampers if I had cancelled my Direct Debit three weeks early!.
Then they wonder why people are leaving........
No smoke and mirrors - no pack drill.
SORT IT OUT PLUSNET
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi moob,
I'm unsure what you meant by the below:
Quote from: moob
Another 24 hours or so later and still no reply.

My colleague Chris had already responded on 13/08/2014, 15:57 saying that your account had been closed and the outstanding amount rectified.
Sorry for the delay in your account closing down.
maureenandmalc,
I've replied to your thread here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,130643.0.html
BRABUS
Grafter

The same happened to me.  The only difference was when I left Sky to come to Plus Net.  Sky kept charging me for broadband each month despite the fact that I had left.  Each time I chased them they said I would have to wait 2 months for a refund.  This went on for 9 months.  In the end I told them that if they take any more money I will call the police and report them for theft and I want my money back within 24 hours.

This seemed to work.

So good luck with Sky.........