cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrated from Vodafone at home why no ADSL 2+ ??

groomoid

Migrated from Vodafone at home why no ADSL 2+ ??

Hi
I was one of thousands who were transferred to Plusnet from Vodafone at Home. I was under the impression that with this move, when my exchange upgraded to ADSL 2+ that my line speeds would automatically upgrade as well, (Subject to line conditions etc.etc.). Effectively I was put on the plusnet extra broadband package.
My exchange went live at the end of march and I am still on 8mb/s package. I rang up Customer services and was told that because I was a Vodafone at Home customer and migrated across I would only get the 8mb/s speed and not the ADSL 2+ speeds of up to 20mb/s. However if i wanted to change and "upgrade" to become a Plusnet customer then they would upgrade me. No doubt sign up to a long contract and pay more money, for a move i didnt ask for.
Well I am a Plusnet customer as everything has been transferred to plusnet.
This is totally contrary to what Vodafone customers were promised.
Strangely enough all the relevant FAQ's that were on the Vodafone site have been removed and I can find nothing on Plusnet site.
Can you advise me if I should have been moved up to ADSL 2+ when my exchange upgraded. Anyone have a copy of the FAQ's.
Will definately be leaving if Customer services are right in what they say.
2 REPLIES 2
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Migrated from Vodafone at home why no ADSL 2+ ??

Hi groomoid,
Apologies for the incorrect information you received. You can, in fact, have you account upgraded to ADSL2+ without changing to a Plusnet account. I'll feedback on this and alert our support centre to make sure they are aware of the correct procedure.
I'll place an order for you and confirm this via ticket.
Jojo Smiley
groomoid

Re: Migrated from Vodafone at home why no ADSL 2+ ??

Jojo
Wow that was quick. Thank you very much.Everything else is running smoothly.I really didn't want to go through the hassle of changing again.As always the forums are the answer to most problems and staff are so better informed that the customer service centres.Thanks again Rich.