cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrated away from Plusnet

FIXED
Blazewamp3

Migrated away from Plusnet

Hi i migrated away earlier in month and all has went fine. But as far as i can tell my plus net account is still active and will be billed early in Jan. can account be closed and/or billing stopped 

10 REPLIES 10
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Migrated away from Plusnet

Hello @Blazewamp3

Sorry to hear your account is still active since you've left us.

Your forum details don't seem to be linked to an account; please can you private message me with your Account Username?

Thanks.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Fix

Thanks for your PM @Blazewamp3

Looks like no ticket was automatically raised to close your account once the cease happened. I've raised a ticket to our Cancellations team now to finalise the closure.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Blazewamp3

Thanks very much

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No problem Smiley

Blazewamp3

my account has still not be closed and got charged again today

stevey10stevey

Ugh, I'm in exactly the same situation. Tickets raised, promises made by customer services, but still no account closure and no sign of my money being refunded.  I've never experienced such difficulty in getting an account shut down before!

This is a little late now, but as there's no guarantee they'll sort it by next month you might like to cancel your direct debit so they can't take any more money from your account...

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Sorry to hear this. @Blazewamp3 Sad I've now issued you with a refund, and closed your account with immediate effect.

Apologies for the delay.

@stevey10stevey - I've looked into your account. I can see that your account has been closed today, and we're arranging for a refund to be sent back to you by cheque. Should be with you within the next 14 working days.

udaimonia

With BT from 22/11/2016.

Still awaiting correct and detailed final PN bill.

PN billed 34.48 for 18/11/2016-17/12/2016 (30 days). But pay BT from 22/11/2016 so expected a refund of 26/30*30.48 (=29.88) from PN. Only received 15.51 (unspecified so impossible to check what charge what period was refunded)

Was then charged (and refunded) 13.49 for 18/12/2016-17/01/2017.

Have been in touch in different ways at least 7 times. Not resolved. Only message I got is that access to my account (tickets raised) and the question (140615660) will be closed. Which sounds more like deleting the trail in stead of resolving the issue.

My first contact with PN about this dates back to 10/12/2016. I can only conclude that nobody is willing to take a serious look into this.

andyapanel
Dabbler

I am in exactly the same position.

I moved to BT on Dec1 but PlusNet still want money.

They aren't getting any more. Desperately bad service IMO.

udaimonia

Finally resolved after very many calls, chats, forum posting, signed for letter, two months time.

Resolved in the sense that I finally got a refund that I think is correct.

PN has not and will specify the refund.