cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrated away from Plusnet Webmail

mungodaisy
Grafter

Migrated away from Plusnet Webmail

I am now using Gmail instead of PlusNet webmail. However, all PlusNet's service messages (Advance notice of Direct Debit Payments etc) are still sent to my PlusNet address which is therefore only available via Webmail (I use Outlook for my Gmail account).

How can I get the email address used by PlusNet changed to my Gmail address? They do not use the email address which is recorded within my account.

9 REPLIES 9
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Migrated away from Plusnet Webmail

You should be able to change the email address here (log in required).

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

mungodaisy
Grafter

That is the address that I use (it is linked to my Gmail account) and they send a copy to it. But they email POSTMASTER@XXX.PLUS.COM. I can't see how to remove/change that one.

Thanks for your help.

JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

That does work, although in my case I continue to also receive duplicate copies of all PN emails to my PN email account, which I have yet to close. Roll_eyes

Mav
Fixes: 514

I think one of the requirements is that Direct Debit (and some other) emails must be sent to postmaster@yourplusnetname.plus.com which, as far as I recall, cannot be changed.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

I have never used a plusnet email, but have changed my original email using the link @Mav has given above, its the last field on the page, so you may have to scroll down.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Just to confirm, until the account is either closed or the mail component destroyed, I believe the system will always send an a copy of any emails to the default Plusnet mailbox as well as the correspondence address on file.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

@Mav wrote:

I think one of the requirements is that Direct Debit (and some other) emails must be sent to postmaster@yourplusnetname.plus.com which, as far as I recall, cannot be changed.

Thanks for that - makes some sort of sense although I reckon ALL emails from PN are being duplicated. Not a big deal. Wink

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Anoush wrote:

Just to confirm, until the account is either closed or the mail component destroyed, I believe the system will always send an a copy of any emails to the default Plusnet mailbox as well as the correspondence address on file.

If this true, then Plusnet really aught to get their finger out and fix the Email service OR change their procedures to co-exist with the failure of the system?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mungodaisy
Grafter

Thanks everyone. Shame really, but no harm done as I get the copy anyway.