cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metronet - Plusnet

juliasdream
Grafter

Metronet - Plusnet

Since Metronet and Plusnet are one and the same why not extend the referrals system to encompass both.
Also I feel a bit cheated where I have referred someone to Plusnet and they chose the minimum package. For such referrals the referrer gets absolutely nothing. Its a bit unfair that Plusnet stands to gain.
I know its less than higher packages but I think the referrer should receive a proportionate amount
5 REPLIES 5
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Metronet - Plusnet

What you need to do is encourage them to use the internet more so that they upgrade to a package that does pay a referral - send them some links to hefty videos etc!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
billbo
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Hi jelv
All the current Plusnet BBYW attract a referral fee - except if they are referred by a Metronet customer as the OP is.
This is starting to become something of a sore point with us Metronetters.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Hi,
You can always register a free PAYG account for collecting referrals on. Whilst it won't discount the subscription it will pay out once it reaches a fiver.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
juliasdream
Grafter

Quote from: dave
Hi,
You can always register a free PAYG account for collecting referrals on. Whilst it won't discount the subscription it will pay out once it reaches a fiver.

I did just that quite some time ago and last month I got my first fiver Smiley
Now I have moved house and gone with Plusnet since I had to start afresh anyway so I'll get the discount off my bills.
I am very happy with the referral scheme but not so pleased about getting nothing when those I've referred decided to go with Paygo broadband or dialup.
I think we should get something for that thats in proportion with the new customers spend.
prichardson
Grafter

All of our Broadband product (again, except Metronet) attract a referral fee, as do all of our subscription based dialup products (except PAYG Premier).
If a customer changes product, your referral fee will change inline with the new product. It is not lost.
Details on the exact fees can be found in our Referrals support pages
Only two of our Legacy broadband product do not attract referral payments, all new subscriptions will.