cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message states problem with payment for billing - but there's no failed bills

simonj
Dabbler

Message states problem with payment for billing - but there's no failed bills

When connecting to the internet today I tried to visit a site and got a screen from Plusnet.
"We're unble to take payment, This might be because your payment details aren't valid, or there aren't enough funds in your bank.
Don't worry, you can still pay now. So that you can browse without restrictions it's best to make this payment as soon as you can."
There is a button to login and pay.
When I click on it a message appears:
"This account has no invoices in Failed Billing."
I have checked my account history and the bill for Sept has been fully paid.
There is no way to pay and it seems like there is nothing outstanding to pay for anyway. I have had no email messages or text messages about this. Is it a system error? I have emailed support but am estimated a 7 hour wait for a reply.
It's all very worrying and frustrating. I don't know what to do and am worried about any charges resulting from this.
Can someone please help.

5 REPLIES 5
simonj
Dabbler

Re: Message states problem with payment for billing - but there's no failed bills

I have just found that everything is OK from being able to connect to other sites. Then I got a reply from support.
"Thank you for your query. Having looked over your account I can also confirm that there is currently no outstanding balance on the account. If you continue to receive this message we would strongly recommend restarting your router so that it can dynamically connect to a different IP address; this should solve your issue. If you have any further queries or questions please do not hesitate to recontact us and a member of our support team will be happy to assist."
Would have been nice to have an apology for Plusnet's error. And it would be helpful if this error was flagged up by Plusnet so that others don't have the hassle and worry I've had.
What a waste of my morning.  I work from home and not being able to use the internet in this time and not even being able to sign on to my bank account to check if my account has gone overdrawn is frustrating and worrying.
Just noticed that someone else on the forum had the same problem. It is disappointing that Plusnet don't have a grip on this.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Message states problem with payment for billing - but there's no failed bills

Quote from: simonj
Would have been nice to have an apology for Plusnet's error. And it would be helpful if this error was flagged up by Plusnet so that others don't have the hassle and worry I've had.

Sorry! Some of our traffic management switches got themselves into a pickle as we neglected to routinely reload them last week. This has now been done which is why you're no longer experiencing problems.
Quote from: simonj
Just noticed that someone else on the forum had the same problem. It is disappointing that Plusnet don't have a grip on this.

Can you point me in the direction of that forum post?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

simonj
Dabbler

Thanks! The post from another user who experienced the problem in February is here...  http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,93678.0.html. In the thread another user has mentioned that they had the same problem a year before, which has led me to believe that the problem had not be rectified as it was still reoccuring. It is good to hear that it is all sorted now though.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Thanks for that, just wanted to make sure there were no other customers currently affected.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jaygee

For information:
I got the "We're unble to take payment" screen on 29/10/2011- the day after issue of the month's invoice. As it normally takes my bank up to a week to transact the Direct Debit, I was alarmed. Thinking it to be a scam, I contacted Plusnet Support who confirmed the message & suggested contacting my bank. The bank stated it had not received a payment request and suggested contacting Plusnet again to check for a system fault and not to pay manually in case of double billing. On contacting support again (same guy, fortunately) he said status had changed to 'pending' so we decided to wait till normal payment date before pursuing.
The payment has now been transacted in my bank account as usual around the expected date but is still 'pending' in my Plusnet account (though I believe it may take a while to show as paid ).
The question arises of why the message was sent when the bank had not received a payment request. There seems to  be a glitch somewhere.