cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum extra monthly spend issues

ManicOrganic
Grafter

Maximum extra monthly spend issues

Hi, When my Maximum extra monthly spend: is set to 'Not Set'.. How come i'm still charged £5 for 5 more GB?? Also why didn't i receive and email warning me i was getting close to the limit as has happened before?? Please explain..
15 REPLIES 15
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Maximum extra monthly spend issues

Not set means there is no limit as you haven't set a maximum extra monthly spend
Regarding lack of email warnings - that seems to be a frequent occurrence
ManicOrganic
Grafter

Hi, Not quite understanding.. If it is 'not set'.. How then can us assume i want to spend £5?  Surely not set means take nothing no?
Also, isn't it part of our agreement that u send me a warning email when i'm nearing the limit? Do u have a copy of terms and conditions handy?
I'd really like to check on that..
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

You need to set it explicitly to '0' (zero) extra spend.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
ManicOrganic
Grafter

Hi, I tried that and the site returns 'Please enter an amount that is higher than £5.00.' Can you please double check for me if the site actually allows setting to 0 (zero) as u claim..
Also, can you please confirm if i was supposed to receive an email warning me i was nearing the 10gb limit..
It doesn't seem fair if some customers receive these emails and some don't..
Thanks..
w23
Pro

I think you need to wait 'til the end of the current billing month, then you'll be able to set it to zero (you can't right now because it's already at £5 (hope that make sense)).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
ManicOrganic
Grafter

No not really.. I still don't get how if it is 'not set' ie, no amount is SET.. you still take £5 without a warning email..
Since when does 'Not Set' mean take £5 without asking? Surely it means 'no amount is set', so don't take anything without asking eh?
Also, still not had a firm answer on whether i was supposed to receive a warning email.. Either i was or i wasn't..
Can i get an answer on that please?
Thanks
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Not set = no maximum set.
As 77:32:33 said at your billing date you should be able to change it from unlimited to £0.00.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The answers that have been provided in this topic (including this one) are by customers who do not have any access whatsoever to your account details so can only provide general advice - but what has been said is correct.
If you want an answer from Plusnet staff - who will have the Plusnet logo above their avatar - whilst someone might pop in over the weekend it is likely you'll have to wait until Monday when the Digital Care Team are on duty again. Otherwise you need to ring Customer Services on 0800 432 0200 or raise a ticket.
You can find the Terms & Conditions by clicking the "legal" link in the footer of any website page (including this one).
David
ManicOrganic
Grafter

Ok, thanks.. Sorry that no one from Plusnet was available.. I'll take it up with them.. Great Forum and thanks to everyone who took time to reply..
Keep up the good work!
Clay
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Whilst you've been charged for 5GB extra usage now, if you set 'maximum spend' to £5.00 that will ensure you aren't charged any more in the present billing period. Then after a new billing period starts you will be able to change the setting to £0.00.
David
w23
Pro

Quote from: ManicOrganic
Great Forum and thanks to everyone who took time to reply..

We're all customers (unless you see the 'staff logo') posting for the benefit of fellow customers, most of us also were in your position once.
Keep up the good work!
Clay

We will!  Smiley
Many customers find these forums to be the real selling point of Plusnet - welcome to the community.
Call me 'w23'
spickering
Grafter

Hi ManicOrganic
If you have already exceeded your usage then it wont let you set the usage limit too zero as this would cause your speeds to be capped while you still have usage to use. To clarify, if no limit is set then the usage would just keep going and charging.
Regarding the warning, yes you should have received a warning before you reached your limit and as you reached it, if you could check the contact email address we have for you hopefully they will be there.
If they are not there could you please raise a support ticket at the link below and send me a private message so I can take a look at this when I am back in the office tomorrow.
http://www.plus.net/wizard/
spickering
Grafter

Hi ManicOrganic
Just to let you know I have replied to your support ticket, let me know if you have any questions.
ManicOrganic
Grafter

Hi Stuart,
Thanks for the refund.. Hope u can track down the issue that stopped the warning email.. Is there a tariff between 10gb and unlimited? I'd like to be online a bit more,
but don't necessarily need unlimited.. 20gb would probably be fine for me.. Have no interest in movies etc, but find myself watching more news online these days rather than TV..
Can you suggest an upgrade that would suit.? I know you'll probably say i need to switch my line rental or something, but we've got into a routine of paying that anually with BT
and so get a discount.. To break that arrangement would probably cost us and find dealing with them a nightmare TBH.. Not a great argument for staying with them, but that's the position..
Interested to know what the tariff above my current basic would be?
Thanks for the excellent support..
Clay