cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Socket Move

monkeyexpressPF
Grafter

Master Socket Move

I want to have the MS moved from my downstairs hall to an upstairs bedroom.
the distance the wire will have to travel once it hits the house will actually be less (its a wire from a pole not underground). its the actual socket to be moved, not extentions etc.
I understand only BTOR can do this and has to be arranged via my provider?
can you tell me the current charge for this job?
whats the timescale on these jobs?
is there any further info you require from me?
thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
Grezzer36
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Master Socket Move

I had mine moved indepentedly by local engineer (ex BT guy) found in local paper prior to fibre install. Moved from hall to existing extension in bedroom above hallway already wired from outside from rear of hall socket.Mine from underground cable not pole.  Might be worth enquiring with an independent guy (usually are ex BT) whether can be done for you. Sure one would come out to have look & give quote etc.Certainly be lot cheaper than BT.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

This is the previous thread on the subject that I can remember: Move BT master socket - cost? (prices may have changed since then, of course)
catelliott
Grafter

Hi there monkeyexpressPF Smiley
The current cost for a master socket relocation is £160 (covers call out charge plus first hour of work) then £65 for every additional hour of work required. It seldom takes more than an hour, however.
It can be arranged by contacting our Provisioning team on 0800 432 0200. Hope this helps! Cheesy