Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive price increase?

peter6000
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Massive price increase?

Hi,
I've just received my monthly "Advance notice of your Direct Debit payment" email and it's much higher than normal. I've logged in to the member centre to look at the invoice and I'm now being charged  £14.99 for Talk Anytime when previously it was free with my plan!
Oh hang on.... whilst checking what plan I was on I've realised what the problem is:
I'm on Unlimited Fibre + phone. It's an 18month contract which started 2013-05-07. I paid 12 months line rental in advance... and I guess that's what is being charged now?
However, I have found an email "Important information about your Plusnet service" talking about some price changes coming into effect 2013-10-01 which says:
If you currently pay for 12 months line rental in advance, we'll send you a reminder before your Line Rental Saver expires, with details on how to renew. The renewal charge will be £137.88 equivalent to £11.49 a month after 1 st October 2013, this equates to a saving of £42.00 a year. If you choose to renew your Line Rental Saver, you will keep your inclusive Evening and Weekend calls. Any additional call plans will increase by the amount stated above.

So basically... I've not received any reminder! How can this be resolved?
Cheers - and sorry it's kind of long-winded! Cheesy
Peter.
5 REPLIES 5
peter6000
Grafter

Re: Massive price increase?

... so I've had a search to see how I can renew my line rental, but again it says here that I should've received an email:
http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/line-rental-saver-faq/#renew
Did not get. Want to renew! Do not want to pay on monthly basis!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

peter6000
Grafter

Thanks Oldjim!
Should I wait for a Plusnet rep to see this first, because I'd prefer if this was effective immediately and the pending invoice/direct-debit were reduced?

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi peter6000,
I'm very sorry to hear you weren't sent an email to advise you that your LRS was due to be renewed. Please follow the link Oldjim has provided to renew LRS on your next billing date.
I've created Ticket: 86817493 on your account so that we refund the difference once the invoice has cleared. I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.
peter6000
Grafter

Thanks Linn - renewal complete!
Cheesy