cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marketing Literature

mal0z
Grafter

Re: Marketing Literature

"-What sort of size would be best - I'm thinking A5 so that it's nice and easy to print out"
Size doesn't matter  Wink Wink
As  software and printers can resize - so I suggest you do it at A4 so we can reduce with loosing quality.
A5 paper isn't quite so common in homes and not all businesses by it.
"-We're thinking of PDF documents for you guys to print off yourselves"
Yes that's great
"-What specific information will be useful for you? - Promoting one product in particular or the whole product set?"
I'd suggest just a broadbased sheet listing B/B and phone packages, and then when the new business products are released - you do a separate one for that.
"-Do you want a space on there to add your own username in so people don't forget?"
Yes - excellent idea
many thanks

Simon_M
Grafter

Excellent idea. Count me in for a few.
,pdf with an editable space to add our own message/username sounds fine. It would be sensible to security protect the main body of the document from any editing though.
The 'Home' flyer should have a 'we do business packages too' mention & visa versa.
If the business one waits for the business package refresh we'll have all retired first - let's go with what we've got & then have a new version when (if) the refresh happens (/cynic mode).
Better go & buy some nice shiny paper.
alpinenut

Hi Chris,
I'm probably too late with my reply on this but I would have thought an A5 flyer would be ideal.  With this size one could print off 2 x A5 flyers from an A4 sheet which we all use nowadays anyway.  Reducing down from A4 to A5 is possible but would result in a lot of paper wastage.  A5 is a nice size to hand out to clients and does not take up too much space.  I would also rather have the flyer designed to be viewed as an A5 document in the first place to ensure that the quality is tip top.  There will be some, although minimal, loss in quality in reducing down from A4 to A5.  I don't mind the use of A4 if that is the way you decide to go; I just find A5 a bit more of a manageable size to dish out. Smiley
With regard to content, I'd like to see simple but clear references to a) your unique selling points and b) references to the many awards that you have won and why people choose PlusNet (good service, good value products etc.).  When someone picks up the leaflet they need to be able to see at a glance what we want them to see and be able to make sense of it quickly.  Not too much text as that can put people off.  There are many good points covered on your website that would look good in a simplified form on the flyer.
A pdf file would be fine.
Hope the above makes sense.
Cheers,
Adrian.
chrisc
Aspiring Pro

Hi guys,
Sorry for the delay on this. We've had a couple of people off this week on annual leave and fighting the dreaded man flu so there's not been too much progress made.
I hope to have something for you guys to take a look at next week.
Chris.
alpinenut

Excellent!  Can't wait to see what you have for us Chris.
xpcomputers
Grafter

Any progress on this?
I like the idea of an A5 one myself, as I'd like to print two to a page. A4 would probably be too big, (unless you have so much to say, that you decide to go for a booklet design with double-sided A4 folded into a A5 brochure... depends how much you have to say about yourselves and how much room it takes up!).
The ideal way to leave space for the referral "username @ VISP" stuff, would be to use a FORM in the PDF. That way it can be filled-in on the computer for neatness & seamless integration with the design... and can be filled-in by anyone, just using Adobe Reader without having to have a paid-for Acrobat product to do the edit too!
Mike

chrisc
Aspiring Pro

Hi guys,
Apologies for the delay on this.
It took a bit of a back seat because of all the VAT work that we had to get out the door.
I'll give the design guys a kick and see how soon they will be able to get something out.
Chris.
alpinenut

Hi Chris,
Any news yet on how the new literature is coming along?  Would be good to have something ready to start off the new year with a bang!  I'm sure many others, like me, are eagerly awaiting this development.
Cheers,
Adrian.
xon
Grafter

Hi
The Plusnet broadband promotional pdf is an excellent idea. Please add my name to the list of interested folk.
Should it fail for any reason maybe a resources area could be made available to download in a similar way to Ms with, for example, brand jpgs available for promotional purposes? 
Kind regards
Andy

alpinenut

Chris,
Is there any news on this please?
Cheers,
Adrian.
James
Grafter

I'll try and remind Chris on Monday.
chrisc
Aspiring Pro

Hi guys,
Apologies for the delay in getting this sorted.
I've got something for you now - it's a first pass and can be tweaked accordingly but should be a decent starting point.
I've attached the PDF to this post - going forwards I'll get it added to one of the referrals pages so that it can be easily downloaded by anyone.
Cheers,
Chris.
techguy
Grafter

Looks good
Any chance of formatting the username field with Adobe forms as don't know about others but my writing is terrible.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Chris - this is misleading false advertising and the prices are wrong as well
Look at this screen dump and tell me how I get 15GB broadband for £6.99 per month with home phone
Compare to the website screen dump
chrisc
Aspiring Pro

The Essential usage was a typo Smiley
I'll get it updated and get back to you.