cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Market2 costs

anniesboy
Rising Star

Market2 costs

I have just noticed that from July 12thmarket 2 is now considered to be a low cost area along with market 3.
As I'm in a market 2 area does this mean my charges will reduce?
43 REPLIES 43
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Market2 costs

Over on think broadband forums a reply from the Plusnet staff here...http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/plusnet/4022174-plusnet-pricing.html?fpart=5#Post4027031
And from Plusnet staff this
It's not 100% that the revised pricing will be here to stay at present. There's also things like existing discounts etc. to take into consideration.

From here..http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,97394.0.html
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
anniesboy
Rising Star

Thanks, SteveM,
My billing period finished yesterday. I will soon see what is charged for 13/7/11 to 13/8/11.
Looks like I may need to raise a ticket.
anniesboy
Rising Star

My bill has just arrived being charged £12.99 for value as opposed to £6.49.
I have raised a ticket.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Don't think you will be able to argue that bill but let us know how you get on now you have raised a ticket please for your future bills.
matt_2k34
Grafter

@Steve
Why?
if he's billed on the 14th, then hes billed 14th july to 14th august, surely if they charge everyone the M3 rate on M2... then anniesboy should argue?
But thats how i've read it... depends if thats actually live and if the original image is plusnets policy or implied currently (e.g. whats plusnets current policy)
Regards
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

matt_2k34
Grafter

This thread
Seems to instigate that anyone on M2 is capable of getting M3 prices.
Your mother-in-law will be able to get the lower price as well but you will have to request this on that account as the change doesn't happen automatically.

Which is abit crap tbh. Plusnet should send out an email / letter, and mass-change users on M2 exchanges (not an easy thing to do ! however, im suprised this hasnt been done - particularly as we're now a month into the price changes)
and i guess, anyone who doesn't tell plusnet their on M2 is non-the wiser and is paying 'pure profit' money to plusnet... mhmm  Sad
Regards
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: Matt_2k34
@Steve
Why?
Well you have to raise a ticket to get the new changed price and that's not been done for the current bill so It would be done from now, 14th August to 14th September?
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: Oldjim
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/low_cost_areas.shtml#costs which contradicts all the other pages  Crazy
Oldjim that's for new customers.
matt_2k34
Grafter

Still think its wrong.
Cant offer someone something at a new price, and say that existing customers are eligible, but only if they ask for the new price  Huh
and possible Steve, But i wouldnt be suprised if plusnet offer a gesture of goodwill and give the 'extra' paid this month back.
Lost a little bit of faith in the brand tbh Sad  Sad but what do I know  Roll_eyes
Regards
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I feel the same as you do about this Matt, Its all a bit shabby tbh.
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

This was the first I heard of the new "rules" on M2 exchanges. It makes my current deal look a bit expensive, but since unlimited is NOT an exchange rated product I will have to think whether 60GB is enough for daytime use (probably but means doing schedulers/speed limiters on my Usenet & p2p stuff)
matt_2k34
Grafter

@Hairy Biker
Dependant on line speed, and if your trying to protect a ratio for example, dependant on speed you may find the free times to be ample (i do, but its reasonably easy to get 80gb in one period, and 2meg up is handy (10 when its available....  ::))

--- Back ontopic..
Why is plusnet different?
There's broadband, then there's Yorkshire broadband.

Good, honest and reliable. The way things are in Yorkshire... and at Plusnet. We think it sets us apart from the rest of the broadband providers out there. But just what is it that makes us different? Take a look below to see.

We're fair and square

If you've ever been frustrated because your broadband provider keeps you in the dark, we think you'll be happy with us. We speak up, fairly and clearly to give you the full picture. If we've messed up, we'll tell you about it and explain what we're doing to fix it, rather than try and hide information.

Clearly not. Your doing a 'Sky' and screwing over your existing customer base, and offering something else to new customers only.
I'm not an M2 customer, I just think thats absolutely disgusting that your not dealing with your existing customer base. (even if you just sat *one* agent per shift, skipping through your user database - checking if its M2 and changing the price accordingly... if its rather complex to automate (which i'd expect it is)  ::))
Quote from: Steve
Its all a bit shabby tbh.

Shabby and shoddy, This the image plusnet is trying to give its existing customers?
Regards
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: Steve
Quote from: Oldjim
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/low_cost_areas.shtml#costs which contradicts all the other pages  Crazy
Oldjim that's for new customers.
Not too sure about that as this page doesn't say it http://www.plus.net/broadband/?utm_source=findOutMoreBB