cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Market2 costs

matt_2k34
Grafter

Re: Market2 costs

Indeed he hasnt, hes just emphasised that PN has made no communication at all..
This is where i find the problem. If its saving you money (even for a few months?) Why not just do it  Huh
Regards
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Quote from: Jameseh
@HB
I don't think Chris is making any suggestions about you're dyslexia, just highlighting the fact that we haven't emailed our base about this.

Then what does the *haven't* mean in the reply?
matt_2k34
Grafter

just highlighting the fact that we haven't emailed our base about this.

Its emphasis, ive always used *this* to emphasise words.
On FaceBook et al. using *around* text bolds the words (in the same way of emphasising)
Its just an emphasis method, which is used in other systems/sites as emphasis, and its crept into forum-chatter/IM/Texts for me personally so I wouldnt be suprised if its the same for him.
Regards
Santiago
Grafter

Oh dear, my joy was short-lived it seems

xxxxx xxxxxxxx - CSC Analyst
10:55am, Tuesday 16 Aug 2011
[internal]
Mr Roberts has called in because he is in a market 2 area and understands from the forums that he should be paying market 3 prices now. Can this be checked and changed for him please.
Kind regards,
xxxxx xxxxxxxx

xxxxxxx xxxxxxx - CSC Analyst
2:17pm, Tuesday 16 Aug 2011
Dear Mr Roberts,
Thank you for your recent query.
The package you're currently on is not affected by the market area changes we have implemented. This has only affected our Value and Extra account types. You could switch to one of these accounts and benefit from the following pricing:
Plusnet Value
10GB monthly usage
£6.49 per month
Plusnet Extra
60GB monthly usage
£11.49 per month
You can change your package with us if you wish by scheduling a package change on the link below. This will take place on your next billing date of 10/09/2011:
http://portal.plus.net/upgrade_process.html?memberheader=upgrade
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance in the meantime.
Kind regards,
xxxxxxx xxxxxxx 

Perhaps someone from Plusnet could explain what this means and why the reduction is not being applied to my product
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I meant no offense by putting the word in stars, it was to emphasise that we hadn't sent an email to the entire customer base.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Perhaps someone from Plusnet could explain what this means and why the reduction is not being applied to my product

We've only changed the market 2 pricing on our current products, if you're on an older product you'd need to change to Value or Extra to get this saving.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
matt_2k34
Grafter

Which imho, is fair enough - market pricing wasnt available in most of the legacy packages anyway (e.g. no cheaper rate)
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

The next exchange to the North of mine is a Market 2 exchange so I tipped off someone there who I knew was a Plusnet client.  She phoned and was given the reduction (from her next bill onwards) without any difficulties.   
Santiago
Grafter

Quote from: Matt_2k34
Which imho, is fair enough - market pricing wasnt available in most of the legacy packages anyway (e.g. no cheaper rate)

Your humble opinion is bollocks. It is not fair enough. Market pricing was available when I changed to this product.
This is a typical strategy from plusnet to move customers from legacy products onto their latest offerings
matt_2k34
Grafter

Your humble opinion is [Censored].

Charming  Grin
I dont see the problem - what product are you on? AFAIK when the products become legacy, they do not get any updates (other than pricing, as is eluded to in the contract you signed when you joined) as happened with the Unlimited package.
What are you on?
plusnet to move customers from legacy products onto their latest offerings

And the problem with this is....? Quite a few of the legacy packages 'arent suitable' for people to generally do their thing on (watching Youtube, iPlayer etc. all day on PAYG... would be interesting!)
Regards
Santiago
Grafter

I am on Plusnet Premium which works well for me but would have liked the same price offer as the customers on newer products.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

And I am on a Market 1 exchange so I don't get any options for a price reduction.  However I don't see that it is unreasonable of Plusnet to confine their offer to certain products, particularly if the offer might be withdrawn to new applicants at some future time.  Not automatically granting existing eligible "Value" and "Extra" customers the reduction seems a much more dubious practice.  More like the typical slippery ISP than the "good honest" one that Plusnet's marketing campaign claims.   
matt_2k34
Grafter

@ oddball,
Apology accepted  Cheesy
Do you *need* 80gb peak (e.g. regularly go over?) because extra would give you practically the same package, with reduced allowance ofc, but the M3 price would mean your saying £8.50/month.
@ReedRichards
I concur, even a statement saying what is going on, would be appreciated, im at a loss as to why this hasnt been a (reasonably?) simple price reduction.
Regards
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: Oddball
I am on Plusnet Premium which works well for me but would have liked the same price offer as the customers on newer products.
Sorry to hear that, Perhaps If plusnet made this clearer from the start we wouldn't of got your hopes up, I suspect they will make a statement about It once they decide whether this saving Is staying or going, In the meantime all the details are In my sig for anyone fortunate enough to be on a Market 2 exchange, I think this whole subject Is very cruel to existing Plusnet customers and I am disgusted that they advertise " honest broadband " yet are not Informing existing customers on Market 2 exchanges of this saving.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.