cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Market 1/3 Pricing

MrMister

Market 1/3 Pricing

Hi
I have just been looking at the pricing plans for Plusnet broadband on my street (same postcode) and it seems Plusnet Extra is available at £11.49 per month.  Now I'm currently still on Plusnet Premium as I haven't decided on changing down yet, even though I don't use the full 80GB limit and still fall short of the 60GB with Extra.  Anyway, I'm still paying £19.99 per month on my package and I'm wondering why the Market 3 price for Extra is showing for new starters in my neighbourhood.
Thanks
K
14 REPLIES 14
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Market 1/3 Pricing

and for you if you change to it
remember the different off peak times compared to Premium
MrMister

I feel a bit sick to find this out now.  I only recall 1 email at the time stating that if I switched I would save £2 per month (from £19.99 to £17.99).
I am going to check my emails to make sure I am correct and haven't missed something.
So what is the situation now?  Am I in a Market 2/3 area?
Thanks
K
pierre_pierre
Grafter

look here http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search
then if you are on Market 3 in the new thoughts you should get the new price,  the change request now does a postcode check before quoting a price - Very recent and no e-mails have been sent
MrMister

Man, this is disappointing.  I can't see any email actually about this.  I must have came across the new package replacing Premium and concluded myself that as I'm automatically paying for a Premium Market 1 price that I would only save £2 by paying the equvialent Extra Market 1 price.  This is the only reason why I've held out until now.  But I've just come to realise that I'm apparently not in that Market anymore?
This is bringing back memories of Plusnet stating that should speeds in 'your area improve to 20Mb speeds' then these will be passed on when available at no extra charge.
However it seems that can't be said for them in contacting you regarding changes to the package price/Market area.  Angry
This is a bit of a joke surely..
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Which exchange are you on
Note that if your exchange changed in the last reshuffle then the change to the signup pages was made on w/c 24th Jan AFAIK
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,91506.msg777169.html#msg777169
MrMister

Yes Pierre, tis a market 3 area now.  Which is quite a surprise as I'm still limited to 2Mb due to my prioximatey to the BT thingy-ma-jig.  This is why I haven't been reguarly checking the state of play as no improvements to this speed since having broadband.  I did naively however think Plusnet would make me aware of this.  Shocked
Gandalf, I'm on SWADW.  I believe this hasn't changed since signing up.
Cheers
K
pierre_pierre
Grafter

the information is more recent than the new pricing e-mail and a thread was started on the 12th December  http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,91506.0.html, PN wernt offering new prices to mid Jan as it was not official in December
what are you on about 2M?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

pierre_pierre
Grafter

its his odd Welsh terminology
I'm still limited to 2Mb due to my prioximatey to the BT thingy-ma-jig.

and I am amazed that Sam has put it in M3 with that number of
Serves (approx): 5,791 residential premises
248 non-residential premises.
and no sign of ADSL2
MrMister

Thanks for the info guys.  I see this seems to be more recent than I first feared e.g. when Extra came in to replace Premium.
And this note..
I’m on a legacy product, will my price be reduced?
No, legacy products don’t have any market-based pricing, so no changes will be made. Customers on legacy products can change to a new product and take advantage of the lower prices.
Has made me conclude it would make sense to upgrade to a downgrade for the love of the ring dings.
Can I raise a ticket here to start the ball rolling?  It seems during the reprofiling of the Marketeers that my area has been promoted and others shafted  Crazy  No wonder BT were on the phone the other day..
Any word of when Plusnet is coming to town with ADSL2?  Tongue  Not likely I know.
Can I compare the traffic shaping for Premium on http://www.kitz.co.uk/isp/plusnet_shaping.htm to that of Extra on here as I can't find a link on PN?  I think it hasn't been revised.
Thanks both
K
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

http://usergroup.plus.net/prodcomp1.php is up to date
Plusnet are already "in town" with ADSL2 - check if your exchange is ready here
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MrMister

Appreciate the link.
I Think the £8.50 difference outweighs the capped site/server speeds during peak hours.  Would have probably stayed put though if the Market was unchanged.
"BT have advised that no current planned date for WBC on 21CN exists"...  Cry
If I change to Extra from Premium is there anything else I should be aware of 1st?  Apart from the changes in speed there wouldn't be a new contract or hidden costs would there?
Thanks
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The main down side is the much reduced off-peak hours - if you are OK with those there no other big gotchas
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
pierre_pierre
Grafter

if you have any odd extras, like free web space, these carry over but you have to ask for them on the change ticket