Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Market 1/2 Pricing comparison with BT

Wheel_nut
Grafter

Market 1/2 Pricing comparison with BT

I am on a Market 2 Exchange and therefore my bundle costs for:
Broadband Value(£12-99) + Line Rental (£11-99) + Anytime Calls £3-50 + Caller Display (£0.99) = £29-47 per month.
Edit: Corrected Value Price
BT are offering me:
Broadband 10GB incl. + Anytime Calls for £16-99 Plus Line Rental at £10-00(if paid 12 Months in advance) = £26-99 and in addition I get:
3 Months Broadband+ Anytime FREE AND a BT Home Hub AND FREE access to FON and Openzone WiFi Points.
Is there a good argument for not jumping?
p.s. I realise that it is an 18 Month Contract. Can anybody tell me whether it is a ROLLING 18 Month Contract?
8 REPLIES 8
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Market 1/2 Pricing comparison with BT

have you checked if you are still market 2, a lot have recently been upgraded  http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving
I realise that it is an 18 Month Contract. Can anybody tell me whether it is a ROLLING 18 Month Contract?

No, out contracts aren't rolling, you can cancel with 10 days notice if you need to.
My advice at this stage is to try talking to our customer options team to see if we can come to an agreement on pricing.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

He was referring to the 18 month BT contract.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

OK, wasn't too clear.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
anniesboy
Rising Star

I ve been with PNet for a month now,and faced the choice you mention. I'm also on a market 2 exchange the charge will rise to £12.99 after 3 months.
I am a member of "Which" their costumer satisfaction ratings were ,BT 48%  PNet 69% ,this was main the main factor in me opting for PNet.
Who knows maybe one day  PNet might offer ,a similar deal I would be quite happy to pay £120 in advance for line rental.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Adam, Pierre-pierre, Jelv and Anniesboy, Thanks for the replies.
Yes, I am definitely Market 2, NOT ADSL2+ and no FTTC schedule yet.
Yes, my query about 18 Month (rolling?) contracts was with reference to BT. I still haven't sussed this  Undecided
Edit: I just now called BT and they confirmed that the contract reverts to Monthly after 18 Months. Also, the 12 months Line Rental for £120 is a one time offer. There is no suggestion that it will be renewable after the 12 month period so must assume that it reverts to the full £13-60 on a Monthly Contract after 12 months.
The saving of a few Pounds per month is not my primary motivation for moving to BT. The main attraction is the access to FON and Openzone WiFi hotspots when travelling. I have a Nokia N810 Intenet Tablet which is very usable and portable and connects very easily to public WiFi hotspots.
Adam, It would help with my deliberations if you could enlighten me about ant changes in your offering in thenext few months. I want to make the transition before April when I will be travelling again and would like the WiFi capability.
R
itsme
Grafter

Is rolling = self renewing?
So if you do not cancel your contract at the end of the 18 months you will enter into a new 18 month contract
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Quote from: itsme
Is rolling = self renewing?
...... if you do not cancel your contract at the end of the 18 months you will enter into a new 18 month contract

Yes.
I remember seeing this in the fine print of the BT flyer some time ago but I can't see it on the latest one that dropped through my letterbox